Aug 15, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday was a busy day in the world of college hoops. So lets get right to it.
It’s time to hit the links.
- Gregg Doyel shreds North Carolina, says that some of their banners need to come down. #HeavyArtillery. I do like this response from Carolina March though. Is the academic scandal causing recruits to back off of UNC?
- UCLA’s super-recruit Shabazz Muhammad was declared ineligible to participate with the Bruins on their exhibition trip to China
- Billy Baron has been granted a waiver by the NCAA to play immediately at Canisius. Baron’s father was fired as head coach at Rhode Island, and the savvy guard wanted to follow him up north
- Mark McLaughlin has left the Washington Huskies program. What effect, if any, will this have on the current squad?
- Former-Oregon guard Brett Kingma is transferring to Washington State. You see that Bo Ryan? It’s called freedom
- Florida freshman Chris Walker may not be in Gainesville for more than one year
- Brock Motum was a candidate for the Pac-12 Player of the Year Award last season. He’s gearing up for another stellar year by touring his homeland with the Cougars
- Jim Boeheim spent August in London with Team USA. Upon returning, he isn’t exactly sure if Michael Jordan was better than LeBron James
- Mic Cronin has been blasted in the past for his team’s weak non-conference schedule. While the Bearcat’s 2012-2013 non-con schedule isn’t a murders row, it’s no cream puff bakery either
- Some fun tempo-free stats from Team USA’s gold medal tour of London
- This may be the only time you ever see me put the words “Jeff Borzello” and “good-read” in the same sentence (Trust me. I’m dying a little bit on the inside)
Remember, if you find an article that is worthy of being in The Morning Mix, be sure to use the #ReadoftheDay hashtag on Twitter.
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 0
- Senior starters once again lead the way for No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing the most important part: His One Shining Moment 2
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 2
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 2
- After win at No. 18 SMU, No. 11 Louisville is once again peaking in March 0
- Wake Forest beats No. 4 Duke as Blue Devils struggle to score again 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)