Aug 18, 2012, 7:09 PM EDT
When I want news about the Hawaii basketball program, I turn to Court Sense, the hoops blog of the Honolulu Star Advertiser. You want to see a guy who’s got his beat locked down, stitched up and duct taped in place, it’s Brian McInnis. And yet that doesn’t stop him from working the dickens out of it. McInnis keeps a hawk’s eye on island sports, and always drops knowledge.
Take the Twitter post pictured to the right.
I mean, this was tweeted around 6pm ET, which is, I believe, 4 am island time. I’m pretty sure I have the time zone math right.
You may not remember Jordan Coleman, largely because the 6’4″ Cali native played just two games for the Warriors, totaling 8 minutes of action and amassing a career stat line that could be written on the strip of paper that comes in a fortune cookie. Coleman was considered to be one of the best athletes on the team during his short tenure at Hawaii, and chose to leave the program during the 2010 semester break in search of more playing time. One can only assume he got it at Southwestern Illinois College, though that’s probably not where he intended to end up when he left paradise.
Coleman may have picked up a few new tricks in Juco, however. “He was a scoring guard, but we didn’t have a point guard, so we turned him into a point guard,” SWIC coach Jay Harrington told the Indiana Post-Tribune. “So now he’s a combo guard. He did a really good job leading our team.”
It’ll be interesting to see what legendary Valpo buzzer-beater and now head coach Bryce Drew can do with Coleman. The Horizon League crown is going to be pretty much up for grabs with Butler decamping for the A-10.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team