Aug 18, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Penn assistant Dan Leibovitz is reportedly leaving his post with the Quakers to take a job with the NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats as a player development coach, according to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com.
Leibovitz has been an assistant with the team since coming over from Hartford in 2010.
Charlotte recently hired St. John’s assistant Mike Dunlap to become its new head coach, and Leibovitz is reportedly a close friend of Dunlap’s. The Bobcats finished last season with the worst record in the NBA, prompting the front office to fire coach Paul Silas and hire Dunlap.
For Leibovitz, prior to his time at Hartford, he coached under Temple legend John Chaney.
As pointed out by Jonathan Tannenwald of Philly.com, if Leibovitz does indeed leave for Charlotte, that would mean all three Penn assistants will have rolled over since last season.
Mike Martin left the Penn bench to take the head coaching job at Brown, while volunteer assistant Rudy Wise left the program.
We recently saw a reported college-to-NBA move end up falling through, as Eastern Michigan coach Rob Murphy was reportedly on the move to the Orlando Magic, but a clause in his contract is keeping him with the team. Had he left, he would have had to pay $210,000 to the school.
Penn finished 20-13 this past season, including 11-3 in the Ivy League.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte