Aug 18, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
Villanova thought it had filled out its bench with the hire of Paul VI (Va.) coach Doug Martin, but his resignation over resume inaccuracies put the Wildcats back in search mode, looking to round out the coaching staff.
According to Jeff Goodman of CBSSports.com, Jay Wright has found his man.
Washington assistant Raphael Chillious will be hired to replace Martin on the Villanova staff, Goodman says, with the official announcement coming sometime next week.
Chillious has important ties to the grassroots basketball scene, having worked with Nike as its business manager for the EYBL circuit, as well as on the prep level as the head coach of South Kent (Conn.) School.
Villanova finished this past season with an overall record of 13-19, including 5-13 in the Big East. The Wildcats will need to patch some holes, being that they will be without top scorers Maalik Wayns and Dominic Cheek for the start of the 2012-13 season.
Both left school early to pursue professional careers.
The Wildcats bring in two players from the Class of 2012, guards Ryan Arcidiacono and Mislav Brzoja, and center Daniel Ochefu.
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million