Aug 18, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
Seton Hall commit Aquille Carr was arrested by Baltimore City police Friday on a warrant for assault, a police source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
The arrest took place around 8 a.m. Friday morning.
Carr, 18, is a Top-100 recruit in the Class of 2013 who committed to Seton Hall in January.
Details of the incident and the arrest continue to be gathered. Check back to NBCSports.com as this story continues to develop.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 12:43 p.m.
According to the Baltimore Sun, Carr is charged with second degree assault and reckless endangerment. Police declined to comment on any other aspects of the warrant or arrest and would not reveal whether or not Carr remained in custody.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 2:28 p.m.
According to the paper, Carr is being held on $50,000 bail.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Details of the alleged crime have been released. The alleged victim is 26-year-old Treshonda Williams, the mother of Carr’s infant daughter.
According to The Sun:
“Ms. Williams advised Mr. Carr that she does not wish to be with him anymore, and she told Mr. Carr that the relationship was over,” an officer wrote in charging documents.
Williams said that Carr asked to speak with her outside the school, and she went outside. An argument erupted, and she said Carr grabbed her by her shirt, and threw her to the ground. He then is accused of kicking her in the back, and punching her in the head and face before fleeing in his vehicle, according to records.”
To read the full report, click here.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 0
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 0
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 0
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (9)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)