Aug 18, 2012, 9:56 AM EST
Seton Hall commit Aquille Carr was arrested by Baltimore City police Friday on a warrant for assault, a police source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
The arrest took place around 8 a.m. Friday morning.
Carr, 18, is a Top-100 recruit in the Class of 2013 who committed to Seton Hall in January.
Details of the incident and the arrest continue to be gathered. Check back to NBCSports.com as this story continues to develop.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 12:43 p.m.
According to the Baltimore Sun, Carr is charged with second degree assault and reckless endangerment. Police declined to comment on any other aspects of the warrant or arrest and would not reveal whether or not Carr remained in custody.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 2:28 p.m.
According to the paper, Carr is being held on $50,000 bail.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Details of the alleged crime have been released. The alleged victim is 26-year-old Treshonda Williams, the mother of Carr’s infant daughter.
According to The Sun:
“Ms. Williams advised Mr. Carr that she does not wish to be with him anymore, and she told Mr. Carr that the relationship was over,” an officer wrote in charging documents.
Williams said that Carr asked to speak with her outside the school, and she went outside. An argument erupted, and she said Carr grabbed her by her shirt, and threw her to the ground. He then is accused of kicking her in the back, and punching her in the head and face before fleeing in his vehicle, according to records.”
To read the full report, click here.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)