Aug 18, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
Seton Hall commit Aquille Carr was arrested by Baltimore City police Friday on a warrant for assault, a police source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
The arrest took place around 8 a.m. Friday morning.
Carr, 18, is a Top-100 recruit in the Class of 2013 who committed to Seton Hall in January.
Details of the incident and the arrest continue to be gathered. Check back to NBCSports.com as this story continues to develop.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 12:43 p.m.
According to the Baltimore Sun, Carr is charged with second degree assault and reckless endangerment. Police declined to comment on any other aspects of the warrant or arrest and would not reveal whether or not Carr remained in custody.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 2:28 p.m.
According to the paper, Carr is being held on $50,000 bail.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Details of the alleged crime have been released. The alleged victim is 26-year-old Treshonda Williams, the mother of Carr’s infant daughter.
According to The Sun:
“Ms. Williams advised Mr. Carr that she does not wish to be with him anymore, and she told Mr. Carr that the relationship was over,” an officer wrote in charging documents.
Williams said that Carr asked to speak with her outside the school, and she went outside. An argument erupted, and she said Carr grabbed her by her shirt, and threw her to the ground. He then is accused of kicking her in the back, and punching her in the head and face before fleeing in his vehicle, according to records.”
To read the full report, click here.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)