Aug 18, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
Seton Hall commit Aquille Carr was arrested by Baltimore City police Friday on a warrant for assault, a police source confirmed to NBCSports.com.
The arrest took place around 8 a.m. Friday morning.
Carr, 18, is a Top-100 recruit in the Class of 2013 who committed to Seton Hall in January.
Details of the incident and the arrest continue to be gathered. Check back to NBCSports.com as this story continues to develop.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 12:43 p.m.
According to the Baltimore Sun, Carr is charged with second degree assault and reckless endangerment. Police declined to comment on any other aspects of the warrant or arrest and would not reveal whether or not Carr remained in custody.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 2:28 p.m.
According to the paper, Carr is being held on $50,000 bail.
UPDATE BELOW: POSTED 18 August 2012, 6:54 p.m.
Details of the alleged crime have been released. The alleged victim is 26-year-old Treshonda Williams, the mother of Carr’s infant daughter.
According to The Sun:
“Ms. Williams advised Mr. Carr that she does not wish to be with him anymore, and she told Mr. Carr that the relationship was over,” an officer wrote in charging documents.
Williams said that Carr asked to speak with her outside the school, and she went outside. An argument erupted, and she said Carr grabbed her by her shirt, and threw her to the ground. He then is accused of kicking her in the back, and punching her in the head and face before fleeing in his vehicle, according to records.”
To read the full report, click here.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)