Aug 22, 2012, 7:45 PM EDT
Stanford got a visit from the No. 1 player in the Class of 2013 on Monday afternoon.
Jabari Parker was out in California visiting family and made the trek to Palo Alto to chat up Johnny Dawkins and the Cardinal staff. From USA Today’s Campus Rivalry blog:
“Jabari is out in California visiting his cousin,” Sonny Parker said. “He did an unofficial visit to Stanford, visiting with coach Johnny Dawkins. He visited last year as well. He said he enjoyed the visit. He’ll be home from California next week. Hopefully, we can narrow down which schools he’ll visit this fall at that time.”
Parker has long been considered the best high school player in the country, but he was forced to the sideline by injury this July while Andrew Wiggins shot past him in the eyes of many scouts.
Parker announced his top ten schools last month — Kentucky, Stanford, Michigan State, Kansas, Florida, Duke, BYU, Georgetown, DePaul and North Carolina.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games