Aug 23, 2012, 1:25 PM EDT
Marcus Jordan, son of NBA legend Michael Jordan and former Central Florida guard, has been fined $250 and court costs in connection with charges stemming from his arrest in Omaha last month, the Associated Press is reporting.
Jordan pleaded no contest Thursday to disturbing the peace during an incident that took place in July.
According to reports, Jordan was arguing with two women in the driveway of an Omaha hotel early July 1 and police were called. Jordan was ”very animated, intoxicated and uncooperative” as hotel security tried to contain him, according to a police report filed about the incident. He was then arrested.
Last season with Central Florida, Jordan averaged 13.7 points and 2.7 rebounds per game for a team that finished 22-11. The team lost to Drexel in the first round of the NIT.
Jordan will not return to the school for his senior season.
Central Florida has been in the news recently after being slapped with a postseason ban by the NCAA after it was found that the school had a connection to Kenneth Caldwell, a man with ties to a sports agency.
In addition to a postseason ban that keeps the team out of the Conference USA and NCAA tournaments, the school was forced to vacate wins and was fined $50,000.
Central Florida joins the Big East for the start of the 2013-14 season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)