Aug 23, 2012, 1:25 PM EST
Marcus Jordan, son of NBA legend Michael Jordan and former Central Florida guard, has been fined $250 and court costs in connection with charges stemming from his arrest in Omaha last month, the Associated Press is reporting.
Jordan pleaded no contest Thursday to disturbing the peace during an incident that took place in July.
According to reports, Jordan was arguing with two women in the driveway of an Omaha hotel early July 1 and police were called. Jordan was ”very animated, intoxicated and uncooperative” as hotel security tried to contain him, according to a police report filed about the incident. He was then arrested.
Last season with Central Florida, Jordan averaged 13.7 points and 2.7 rebounds per game for a team that finished 22-11. The team lost to Drexel in the first round of the NIT.
Jordan will not return to the school for his senior season.
Central Florida has been in the news recently after being slapped with a postseason ban by the NCAA after it was found that the school had a connection to Kenneth Caldwell, a man with ties to a sports agency.
In addition to a postseason ban that keeps the team out of the Conference USA and NCAA tournaments, the school was forced to vacate wins and was fined $50,000.
Central Florida joins the Big East for the start of the 2013-14 season.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)