Aug 23, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
A move that has been rumored to be happening over the last few months is now official: 2014 forward Chris McCullough will transfer to Brewster Academy (N.H.), he told NBCSports.com Thursday.
McCullough, a 6-10, 220-pound forward from the Bronx, N.Y., is a top-15 player in the Class of 2014. He will be leaving Salisbury School (Conn.) to transfer to Brewster.
Brewster is a national powerhouse that finished 33-1 this past season and won the National Prep Championship this past season. That team featured NC State signee TJ Warren, Michigan signee Mitch McGary, Florida State signee Aaron Thomas, and St. John’s signee JaKarr Sampson.
Recently, the school has welcomed former Indiana signee Ron Patterson, as well as highly regarded prospects Jared Terrell, Kyle Washington, and Kevin Zabo.
McCullough is a long, athletic forward who has continued to add muscle and strength to his frame. As his body continues to develop, the rest of his game has taken shape.
He is being pursued by high-major schools that include Syracuse, Arizona, Connecticut, St. John’s, Indiana, Louisville, Memphis, Providence, and others.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)