Aug 23, 2012, 10:10 AM EST
A move that has been rumored to be happening over the last few months is now official: 2014 forward Chris McCullough will transfer to Brewster Academy (N.H.), he told NBCSports.com Thursday.
McCullough, a 6-10, 220-pound forward from the Bronx, N.Y., is a top-15 player in the Class of 2014. He will be leaving Salisbury School (Conn.) to transfer to Brewster.
Brewster is a national powerhouse that finished 33-1 this past season and won the National Prep Championship this past season. That team featured NC State signee TJ Warren, Michigan signee Mitch McGary, Florida State signee Aaron Thomas, and St. John’s signee JaKarr Sampson.
Recently, the school has welcomed former Indiana signee Ron Patterson, as well as highly regarded prospects Jared Terrell, Kyle Washington, and Kevin Zabo.
McCullough is a long, athletic forward who has continued to add muscle and strength to his frame. As his body continues to develop, the rest of his game has taken shape.
He is being pursued by high-major schools that include Syracuse, Arizona, Connecticut, St. John’s, Indiana, Louisville, Memphis, Providence, and others.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)