Aug 23, 2012, 10:10 AM EDT
A move that has been rumored to be happening over the last few months is now official: 2014 forward Chris McCullough will transfer to Brewster Academy (N.H.), he told NBCSports.com Thursday.
McCullough, a 6-10, 220-pound forward from the Bronx, N.Y., is a top-15 player in the Class of 2014. He will be leaving Salisbury School (Conn.) to transfer to Brewster.
Brewster is a national powerhouse that finished 33-1 this past season and won the National Prep Championship this past season. That team featured NC State signee TJ Warren, Michigan signee Mitch McGary, Florida State signee Aaron Thomas, and St. John’s signee JaKarr Sampson.
Recently, the school has welcomed former Indiana signee Ron Patterson, as well as highly regarded prospects Jared Terrell, Kyle Washington, and Kevin Zabo.
McCullough is a long, athletic forward who has continued to add muscle and strength to his frame. As his body continues to develop, the rest of his game has taken shape.
He is being pursued by high-major schools that include Syracuse, Arizona, Connecticut, St. John’s, Indiana, Louisville, Memphis, Providence, and others.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)