Aug 23, 2012, 10:10 AM EST
A move that has been rumored to be happening over the last few months is now official: 2014 forward Chris McCullough will transfer to Brewster Academy (N.H.), he told NBCSports.com Thursday.
McCullough, a 6-10, 220-pound forward from the Bronx, N.Y., is a top-15 player in the Class of 2014. He will be leaving Salisbury School (Conn.) to transfer to Brewster.
Brewster is a national powerhouse that finished 33-1 this past season and won the National Prep Championship this past season. That team featured NC State signee TJ Warren, Michigan signee Mitch McGary, Florida State signee Aaron Thomas, and St. John’s signee JaKarr Sampson.
Recently, the school has welcomed former Indiana signee Ron Patterson, as well as highly regarded prospects Jared Terrell, Kyle Washington, and Kevin Zabo.
McCullough is a long, athletic forward who has continued to add muscle and strength to his frame. As his body continues to develop, the rest of his game has taken shape.
He is being pursued by high-major schools that include Syracuse, Arizona, Connecticut, St. John’s, Indiana, Louisville, Memphis, Providence, and others.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)