Aug 26, 2012, 11:06 PM EDT
Fresno State head coach Rodney Terry made some waves on the recruiting trail in the spring when he was able to get highly touted 2012 big man Robert Upshaw to stay home after he decommitted from Kansas State.
But as the Bulldogs begin their first year as a member of the Mountain West there’s more work to be done when it comes to adding the talent necessary to be a consistent contender.
They received some good news on that front on Sunday, as Paradise Valley (AZ) forward Paul Watson verbally committed to Fresno State according to the Compton Magic (Watson’s AAU team).
Compton Magic's Paul Watson commits to Fresno State! Let's gooooo......—
Compton Magic (@Compton_Magic) August 26, 2012
Watson joins 6-9 power forward Alex Davis (Hutchinson CC) as 2013 verbal commitments for Fresno State.
Watson’s a 6-6 wing who held offers from Arizona State, Boise State, Colorado, Oregon State, Texas Tech and USC according to Scout.com.
As a junior Watson averaged 21.5 points, 8.0 rebounds and 2.5 blocked shots per game for Paradise Valley High School.
6-8 forward Kevin Foster is the most productive senior that Fresno State stands to lose, as he averaged 8.0 points and 5.4 rebounds per game in 2011-12.
With five freshmen entering the program this year, Fresno State stands to be a young but talented team when Watson arrives on campus in 2013.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3