Aug 28, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
Granted, UL-Lafayette may have finished .500 overall last season, but there is a reason to be excited in Louisiana and it’s not necessarily because of the basketball team itself.
Now at Sonic, the drive-in hamburger eatery, you can order your own UL-Lafayette burger, with the Ragin’ Cajun logo adorning the top of the bun.
It may look like a sticker, as Mike Foss over at USA Today pointed out, but it’s actually food coloring that gives this bun school pride.
Would I buy one just for the logo? Probably not. But would it be awesome to see every Division I institution have its own Sonic burger? Absolutely. In fact, Sonic ought to take it one step farther.
Could we go as far as to have a deep red bun for Ohio State? Forest green for Michigan State? Baby blue for UNC?
The possibilities are endless, really, but UL-Lafayette was lucky enough to be first.
As for the team, the Ragin’ Cajuns basketball squad finished 16-16 overall last season, including 10-6 in the Sun Belt. They bring in five newcomers from the Class of 2012.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- Live Extra: Watch Game 3 between Sharks, Kings
- NBA: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit