Aug 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Youtube mixtapes aren’t exactly a great way to scout a player.
Any mixtape, for that matter.
Picking and choosing the most impressive things that a player does proves if he’s can make a highlight reel. It doesn’t tell you anything about his shot selection, his passing ability, his commitment to defense, his movement off the ball, or any other aspect of his game.
That said, I still love watching mixtapes, and when you’re dealing with a guy like Andrew Wiggins — who I can guarantee is as real as a deal can get — sometimes it’s OK to sit back and enjoy the show that is getting put on.
This week, two separate mixtapes of Wiggins were published. Enjoy:
(Photo credit: Getty Images)
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)