Aug 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Youtube mixtapes aren’t exactly a great way to scout a player.
Any mixtape, for that matter.
Picking and choosing the most impressive things that a player does proves if he’s can make a highlight reel. It doesn’t tell you anything about his shot selection, his passing ability, his commitment to defense, his movement off the ball, or any other aspect of his game.
That said, I still love watching mixtapes, and when you’re dealing with a guy like Andrew Wiggins — who I can guarantee is as real as a deal can get — sometimes it’s OK to sit back and enjoy the show that is getting put on.
This week, two separate mixtapes of Wiggins were published. Enjoy:
(Photo credit: Getty Images)
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 0
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)