Aug 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Youtube mixtapes aren’t exactly a great way to scout a player.
Any mixtape, for that matter.
Picking and choosing the most impressive things that a player does proves if he’s can make a highlight reel. It doesn’t tell you anything about his shot selection, his passing ability, his commitment to defense, his movement off the ball, or any other aspect of his game.
That said, I still love watching mixtapes, and when you’re dealing with a guy like Andrew Wiggins — who I can guarantee is as real as a deal can get — sometimes it’s OK to sit back and enjoy the show that is getting put on.
This week, two separate mixtapes of Wiggins were published. Enjoy:
(Photo credit: Getty Images)
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)