Aug 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Youtube mixtapes aren’t exactly a great way to scout a player.
Any mixtape, for that matter.
Picking and choosing the most impressive things that a player does proves if he’s can make a highlight reel. It doesn’t tell you anything about his shot selection, his passing ability, his commitment to defense, his movement off the ball, or any other aspect of his game.
That said, I still love watching mixtapes, and when you’re dealing with a guy like Andrew Wiggins — who I can guarantee is as real as a deal can get — sometimes it’s OK to sit back and enjoy the show that is getting put on.
This week, two separate mixtapes of Wiggins were published. Enjoy:
(Photo credit: Getty Images)
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)