Aug 30, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Youtube mixtapes aren’t exactly a great way to scout a player.
Any mixtape, for that matter.
Picking and choosing the most impressive things that a player does proves if he’s can make a highlight reel. It doesn’t tell you anything about his shot selection, his passing ability, his commitment to defense, his movement off the ball, or any other aspect of his game.
That said, I still love watching mixtapes, and when you’re dealing with a guy like Andrew Wiggins — who I can guarantee is as real as a deal can get — sometimes it’s OK to sit back and enjoy the show that is getting put on.
This week, two separate mixtapes of Wiggins were published. Enjoy:
(Photo credit: Getty Images)
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)