Sep 5, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
Things are pretty bad over at Texas Tech right now.
Need a recap?
In the past 18 months — also known as “Billy Gillispie’s tenure” — 15 players have left the Texas Tech program, more than half coming during this past offseason. Included in that group? Wannah Bail, the Bahamian import that just so happened to be the star of this year’s recruiting class. He lasted through Tech’s summer session before leaving.
As school is starting, Tech’s head coach is hiding out in a hotel to, in all likelihood, avoid getting fired over the report from CBSSports.com about his mistreatment of Tech players. The accusations were very, very ugly.
If that wasn’t bad enough, news leaked out tonight that Aaron Ross has torn his ACL and will miss the season:
In another blow to the Tech basketball team, the A-J has learned freshman Aaron Ross suffered an ACL tear and will likely miss the season.
— Nick Kosmider (@AJ_NickKosmider) September 6, 2012
Ross is a former top 100 recruit and Arkansas signee. He couldn’t get himself academically eligible last year at Arkansas and wound up with the Red Raiders.
When it rains it pours, I guess.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 1
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1