Sep 5, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
The Big East, now led by new commissioner Mike Aresco, announced its conference schedule Wednesday.
“BIG EAST men’s basketball and unparalleled national media exposure have always been synonymous,” Aresco said in a statement. “The 2012-13 schedule is unmatched in the scope of national, regional and local telecasts. Our coaches and student-athletes are committed to excellence at the highest level. I know the upcoming season will be filled with outstanding and exciting play.”
For the conference, the season kicks off on New Year’s Eve, Dec. 31, 2012, with Cincinnati traveling to Pittsburgh at noon.
Marquette hosts Connecticut to follow up on New Year’s Day at 8 p.m.
Louisville, who will likely be among the favorites to win the conference with Peyton Siva, Chane Behanan, and Gorgui Dieng returning, begins its conference slate hosting Providence on Jan. 2.
This upcoming season marks the final for Pittsburgh and Syracuse in the Big East before they move to the ACC for the 2013-14 season.
On Feb. 2, the Orange travel to Pittsburgh for a noon tip-off. Syracuse looks to reload after losing Fab Melo, Dion Waiters, Kris Joseph, and Scoop Jardine, while Pittsburgh welcomes two impact freshmen in James Robinson and Steven Adams.
To view the rest of the schedule released Wednesday, click here.
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 0
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 0
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 0
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 11
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel