Sep 5, 2012, 7:00 PM EDT
Pierre Jackson is a bit of a polarizing talent.
There are some that are in awe of his physical ability. When you’re 5-foot-9 on a good day and capable of doing things like this, people take notice. Throw in his ability to get to the rim, three-point range, and his tendency to make big plays in big moments, and Jackson has the potential to he a first-team all-Big 12 player in 2012-2013.
But he also has his detractors. Shot selection, over-penetration, too aggressive to be a true point guard. There are plenty of people that question his ability to turn Baylor into a contender in a wide-open Big 12 race this season.
I fall somewhere in the middle. I love the guts he has late in games, and I think that it will be interesting to see what happens this season when he’s expected to be the man instead of being the guy expected to get the ball to Perry Jones. I’ll tell you this much, though: I will certainly be rooting for Jackson to succeed. You see, over the weekend, Jackson posted a picture on instagram and twitter of himself with a young man named Da’john Johnson with the following caption:
“God is so good! My children and I went to Champs the other day to buy school shoes, but little did we know that God had us in the position to receive a blessing. As we looked around, Pierre Jackson came and talked to my youngest son James about football and what shoe size he wore. To our surprise, he wore the same size and said that he would give James some shoes he wanted to give away. You just can’t beat God giving!! Pierre, God bless you and your future, you have truly been a blessing, God Bless!!”
This is what Jackson had to say about it in his post:
“This weekend I over heard this Lil guy trying to get some shoes that were pretty expensive and his mom wasn’t able to get and it just seems soo familiar cause that’s how I use to be! But long story short I was able to meet up with them a couple days later and give him a couple pair of shoes! Just to see his moms years of joy and see how happy he was made me super happy!! I guess you can say this made my week!!”
Good on you, Pierre.
(H/T Eamonn Brennan)
(Photo via Jackson’s twitter account)
- George Washington joins ‘cool court club’, redesigns home floor 0
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 0
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 11
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation