Sep 6, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Billy Gillispie is finally out of the hospital.
For the past six days, he’s been sitting in University Medical Center while getting checked out for high blood pressure after experiencing what he said felt like a stroke or a heart attack.
It just so happens that the day that Gillispie checked himself into the hospital happened to coincide with the day that reports surfaced that he was dealing with a mutiny, as his players — those that hadn’t yet transferred out of the program — were complaining to the athletic administration about severe mistreatment.
I think it’s safe to say that there are few people that actually believe Gillispie was in the hospital for any reason other than to hideout.
Now that he’s out, there are two question that are left to be answered: 1) Will Gillispie ever speak to the media in addressing the accusations against him? 2) How long will it take for Tech’s AD Kirby Hocutt to fire him?
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4