Sep 6, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
Billy Gillispie is finally out of the hospital.
For the past six days, he’s been sitting in University Medical Center while getting checked out for high blood pressure after experiencing what he said felt like a stroke or a heart attack.
It just so happens that the day that Gillispie checked himself into the hospital happened to coincide with the day that reports surfaced that he was dealing with a mutiny, as his players — those that hadn’t yet transferred out of the program — were complaining to the athletic administration about severe mistreatment.
I think it’s safe to say that there are few people that actually believe Gillispie was in the hospital for any reason other than to hideout.
Now that he’s out, there are two question that are left to be answered: 1) Will Gillispie ever speak to the media in addressing the accusations against him? 2) How long will it take for Tech’s AD Kirby Hocutt to fire him?
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)