Sep 6, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Billy Gillispie is finally out of the hospital.
For the past six days, he’s been sitting in University Medical Center while getting checked out for high blood pressure after experiencing what he said felt like a stroke or a heart attack.
It just so happens that the day that Gillispie checked himself into the hospital happened to coincide with the day that reports surfaced that he was dealing with a mutiny, as his players — those that hadn’t yet transferred out of the program — were complaining to the athletic administration about severe mistreatment.
I think it’s safe to say that there are few people that actually believe Gillispie was in the hospital for any reason other than to hideout.
Now that he’s out, there are two question that are left to be answered: 1) Will Gillispie ever speak to the media in addressing the accusations against him? 2) How long will it take for Tech’s AD Kirby Hocutt to fire him?
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)