Sep 6, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Billy Gillispie is finally out of the hospital.
For the past six days, he’s been sitting in University Medical Center while getting checked out for high blood pressure after experiencing what he said felt like a stroke or a heart attack.
It just so happens that the day that Gillispie checked himself into the hospital happened to coincide with the day that reports surfaced that he was dealing with a mutiny, as his players — those that hadn’t yet transferred out of the program — were complaining to the athletic administration about severe mistreatment.
I think it’s safe to say that there are few people that actually believe Gillispie was in the hospital for any reason other than to hideout.
Now that he’s out, there are two question that are left to be answered: 1) Will Gillispie ever speak to the media in addressing the accusations against him? 2) How long will it take for Tech’s AD Kirby Hocutt to fire him?
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)