Sep 6, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
Billy Gillispie is finally out of the hospital.
For the past six days, he’s been sitting in University Medical Center while getting checked out for high blood pressure after experiencing what he said felt like a stroke or a heart attack.
It just so happens that the day that Gillispie checked himself into the hospital happened to coincide with the day that reports surfaced that he was dealing with a mutiny, as his players — those that hadn’t yet transferred out of the program — were complaining to the athletic administration about severe mistreatment.
I think it’s safe to say that there are few people that actually believe Gillispie was in the hospital for any reason other than to hideout.
Now that he’s out, there are two question that are left to be answered: 1) Will Gillispie ever speak to the media in addressing the accusations against him? 2) How long will it take for Tech’s AD Kirby Hocutt to fire him?
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)