Sep 6, 2012, 2:11 PM EDT
Junior college transfer Daryl Traynham, who began his college career at Massachusetts, was expected to be the answer at point guard for Morgan State this season.
Unfortunately for Morgan State head coach Todd Bozeman, Traynham won’t be playing for the Bears this season as he failed to get his associate’s degree as reported by Gary Parrish of CBSSports.com.
Traynham played at Palm Beach State last season, where he averaged 10.9 points and 5.7 assists per game in 27 contests.
With Larry Bastfield having graduated Traynham was to be the guy to lead a team that won just nine games last season, but instead he’ll have to help them out in practice.
Morgan State won four of their final five regular season games, a solid finish to a rough season that began with them losing seven straight and got even worse in early January.
In addition to Bastfield the Bears have to account for the losses of Ameer Ali and Kevin Thompson, with Thompson being their second-leading scorer and leading rebounder in 2011-12.
With Dewayne Jackson (12.1 ppg), Ian Chiles (8.8 ppg, 1.6 bpg) and Justin Black (8.6 ppg) returning there was a chance with Traynham that Morgan State could make a move up the MEAC standings.
While that’s still possible with Traynham out to do so without a surefire solution at the point makes things more difficult.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)