Sep 7, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
John Calipari has this “recruiting” thing down. Accuse him of cheating or not, the things we see Calipari do publicly help to explain the high-level recruiting classes he has been able to bring to Kentucky in his tenure with the Wildcats.
He unveiled Kentucky’s latest recruiting tool in a video posted on his website, CoachCal.com: a state-of-the-art living facility for players, outfitted with eateries, lounges, and UK memorabilia on the walls.
College basketball has become an arms race when it comes to facilities, not only places where players work out, practice, or play, but where they live in their downtime, as well. By the looks of Calipari’s video, Kentucky seems to be among the leaders.
Alex Poythress, who is featured in Calipari’s walk-through of the facilities, is part of another talented recruiting class coming to Lexington for the start of the 2012-13 season. He joins Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin, and Willie Cauley, along with now-eligible guard Ryan Harrow on a team that is looking to compete for the national title.
To see Calipari’s video in its entirety, click here.
- The key to recruiting Myles Turner: a good psychology department? 0
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 2
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 4
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (14)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Bill Self, redshirts, and the Power of Andrew Wiggins (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona