Sep 8, 2012, 5:34 PM EDT
Alfred Hitchcock knew how creepy birds can be. He proved it with his legendary 1963 horror film called, appropriately, The Birds.
Now, imagine how soul-suckingly horrifying it would be to enter the KFC Yum! center this fall and see 22,000 dead-eyed, human-sized cardinals staring down at you. Would you have the courage to jump the opening tip? I’m not sure I could.
From the always delightful Card Chronicle comes news of the latest in avian hoops couture. The article is more pictures than words, so the real joy comes from the comments section:
Just noticed the eye glaring out from behind the beak in picture 2. Too scared to move now.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Green Bay’s Keifer Sykes maintains the chip on his shoulder 0
- Skal Labissiere, Reach Your Dreams Prep and why this isn’t as scuzzy as it sounds 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 9 Gonzaga Bulldogs 2
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)