Sep 8, 2012, 5:34 PM EST
Alfred Hitchcock knew how creepy birds can be. He proved it with his legendary 1963 horror film called, appropriately, The Birds.
Now, imagine how soul-suckingly horrifying it would be to enter the KFC Yum! center this fall and see 22,000 dead-eyed, human-sized cardinals staring down at you. Would you have the courage to jump the opening tip? I’m not sure I could.
From the always delightful Card Chronicle comes news of the latest in avian hoops couture. The article is more pictures than words, so the real joy comes from the comments section:
Just noticed the eye glaring out from behind the beak in picture 2. Too scared to move now.
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 3
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)