Sep 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EST
There were mixed reactions earlier this summer when rapper Drake shared a photo of his customized Kentucky championship ring via Instagram.
Some called coach John Calipari a marketing genius, willing to give Drake a ring while knowing he would flaunt it. Make Kentucky “cool” to recruits, as if it weren’t already.
Others panned the move, questioning why Drake, a self-professed “natural fan,” should get a championship ring when there are tens of thousands on gameday at Rupp Arena with more Kentucky spirit than he.
Regardless, he’s back in news for the Kentucky program, this time as a guest coach during the Kentucky NBA Alumni Game, John Calipari tweeted this week.
The game is to take place Sept. 15.
Reportedly on the list of participants are some of Calipari’s former players, including John Wall and DeMarcus Cousins, as well as long-time NBA forward Tayshaun Prince and Boston Celtics guard Rajon Rondo.
The game will also feature members of Kentucky’s 1996 national championship team, including Antoine Walker, Derek Anderson, Walter McCarty, and Wayne Turner.
For the priciest seats, you’ll have to fork over $100, but you can get in the door for $20 and can sit on the lower level for $40.
Proceeds from the game will be donated to charity.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 0
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (10)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)