Sep 12, 2012, 9:38 AM EDT
Mike Peck, coach of powerhouse Findlay Prep (Nev.), has accepted a position as the head coach with the NBA Developmental League’s Idaho Stampede, the team announced Tuesday.
The Stampede organization is the D-League affiliate of the Portland Trailblazers.
“This is a great opportunity with a wonderful organization,” Peck said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to the opportunity ahead of me.”
In five seasons with Findlay Prep, Peck has amassed a stellar 157-8 record, winning the National High School Invitational three times and never losing a game at home (65-0).
“Michael Peck will be a great fit for the Stampede and the Trail Blazers,” Trail Blazers Assistant General Manager Bill Branch said in the release. “He brings a work ethic and experience that will benefit the Stampede and the continued development of our players.”
Before coming to Findlay Prep, Peck worked as a video coordinator at UNLV from 2003-06 and as an assistant at Saginaw Valley State from 1998-2003.
“We are excited that Portland has picked the right fit to improve the product on the floor,” Stampede President and General Manager Steve Brandes said in the statement. “The combination of his player development skill set and understanding of business development and the community will be a huge asset to our franchise.”
Findlay Prep assistant Todd Simon will now take over at head coach at the school.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 10
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles