Sep 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
On Jan. 5, 2012, Temple upset then-No. 5 Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
On Dec. 8, 2012, Duke will have another shot at the Owls.
The two teams will face off at the IZOD Center in New Jersey as the second half of a doubleheader that also features Loyola and St. Peter’s, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Monday.
“Coach Dunphy is a longtime friend and a terrific coach,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “He has built a tremendous program at Temple and it should be a very competitive game.”
In all, Duke has a career 19-1 record at the IZOD Center, including winning NCAA East Region titles.
That leaves sophomore guard Quinn Cook in a position to see significant minutes, one year after he averaged 4.4 points and close to two assists in under 12 minutes per game.
The Blue Devils welcome two high-level recruits to campus for the start of the 2012-13 season, Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon.
As for Temple, coach Fran Dunphy is losing two key pieces, Ramone Moore and Juan Fernandez, but welcomes three players to the team from the Class of 2012 and returns scorer Khalif Wyatt.
New York native Daniel Dingle and New Jersey native Quenton DeCosey could both contribute, as well as center Devontae Watson.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)