Sep 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
On Jan. 5, 2012, Temple upset then-No. 5 Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
On Dec. 8, 2012, Duke will have another shot at the Owls.
The two teams will face off at the IZOD Center in New Jersey as the second half of a doubleheader that also features Loyola and St. Peter’s, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Monday.
“Coach Dunphy is a longtime friend and a terrific coach,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “He has built a tremendous program at Temple and it should be a very competitive game.”
In all, Duke has a career 19-1 record at the IZOD Center, including winning NCAA East Region titles.
That leaves sophomore guard Quinn Cook in a position to see significant minutes, one year after he averaged 4.4 points and close to two assists in under 12 minutes per game.
The Blue Devils welcome two high-level recruits to campus for the start of the 2012-13 season, Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon.
As for Temple, coach Fran Dunphy is losing two key pieces, Ramone Moore and Juan Fernandez, but welcomes three players to the team from the Class of 2012 and returns scorer Khalif Wyatt.
New York native Daniel Dingle and New Jersey native Quenton DeCosey could both contribute, as well as center Devontae Watson.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)
- Wichita State lands transfer guard from Texas A&M (2)