Sep 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
On Jan. 5, 2012, Temple upset then-No. 5 Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
On Dec. 8, 2012, Duke will have another shot at the Owls.
The two teams will face off at the IZOD Center in New Jersey as the second half of a doubleheader that also features Loyola and St. Peter’s, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Monday.
“Coach Dunphy is a longtime friend and a terrific coach,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “He has built a tremendous program at Temple and it should be a very competitive game.”
In all, Duke has a career 19-1 record at the IZOD Center, including winning NCAA East Region titles.
That leaves sophomore guard Quinn Cook in a position to see significant minutes, one year after he averaged 4.4 points and close to two assists in under 12 minutes per game.
The Blue Devils welcome two high-level recruits to campus for the start of the 2012-13 season, Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon.
As for Temple, coach Fran Dunphy is losing two key pieces, Ramone Moore and Juan Fernandez, but welcomes three players to the team from the Class of 2012 and returns scorer Khalif Wyatt.
New York native Daniel Dingle and New Jersey native Quenton DeCosey could both contribute, as well as center Devontae Watson.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)