Sep 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
On Jan. 5, 2012, Temple upset then-No. 5 Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
On Dec. 8, 2012, Duke will have another shot at the Owls.
The two teams will face off at the IZOD Center in New Jersey as the second half of a doubleheader that also features Loyola and St. Peter’s, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Monday.
“Coach Dunphy is a longtime friend and a terrific coach,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “He has built a tremendous program at Temple and it should be a very competitive game.”
In all, Duke has a career 19-1 record at the IZOD Center, including winning NCAA East Region titles.
That leaves sophomore guard Quinn Cook in a position to see significant minutes, one year after he averaged 4.4 points and close to two assists in under 12 minutes per game.
The Blue Devils welcome two high-level recruits to campus for the start of the 2012-13 season, Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon.
As for Temple, coach Fran Dunphy is losing two key pieces, Ramone Moore and Juan Fernandez, but welcomes three players to the team from the Class of 2012 and returns scorer Khalif Wyatt.
New York native Daniel Dingle and New Jersey native Quenton DeCosey could both contribute, as well as center Devontae Watson.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)