Sep 12, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
On Jan. 5, 2012, Temple upset then-No. 5 Duke at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.
On Dec. 8, 2012, Duke will have another shot at the Owls.
The two teams will face off at the IZOD Center in New Jersey as the second half of a doubleheader that also features Loyola and St. Peter’s, the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority announced Monday.
“Coach Dunphy is a longtime friend and a terrific coach,” Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski said in a statement. “He has built a tremendous program at Temple and it should be a very competitive game.”
In all, Duke has a career 19-1 record at the IZOD Center, including winning NCAA East Region titles.
That leaves sophomore guard Quinn Cook in a position to see significant minutes, one year after he averaged 4.4 points and close to two assists in under 12 minutes per game.
The Blue Devils welcome two high-level recruits to campus for the start of the 2012-13 season, Amile Jefferson and Rasheed Sulaimon.
As for Temple, coach Fran Dunphy is losing two key pieces, Ramone Moore and Juan Fernandez, but welcomes three players to the team from the Class of 2012 and returns scorer Khalif Wyatt.
New York native Daniel Dingle and New Jersey native Quenton DeCosey could both contribute, as well as center Devontae Watson.
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 1
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 13
- John Calipari: ‘We’re chasing perfection’ (14)
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Big Ten considering ‘protected rivalries’ for basketball schedule (9)
- Federal tax documents reveal that Mike Krzyzewski made $9.7 million in 2011 (4)
- Evan Gordon is transferring to Indiana (4)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners