Sep 13, 2012, 6:38 PM EDT
Does the name Richard Elmer Dorsey mean anything to you?
That’s Joey Dorsey’s full name, and you all remember Joey Dorsey, right? The 6-foot-7, physical freak played the role of Derrick Rose‘s center as Memphis
made the 2008 national title game didn’t field a team in 2007-2008, according to NCAA records.
Dorsey has bounced around professional leagues for a while, playing a total of 61 games for Toronto, Houston and Sacramento at the NBA level while also spending some time in the D-League. In 2011, Dorsey made his way overseas, starting out in Spain before joining eventual Euroleague champs Olympiacos. He was named 2012 Defender of the Year and earned a two-year contract with the club.
Hopefully, when Olympiacos signed him, they saved some space in their budget for shattered backboards:
Nicely done, Joey.
But I still don’t believe you’re better than Greg Oden.
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights