Sep 14, 2012, 9:47 AM EDT
There just doesn’t seem to be any way to see a cheap carrier game this season.
First there were reports of the ticket package for Florida-Georgetown in Jacksonville, Fla., running somewhere in the range of $1,000. Not only that, but tickets are nearly sold out.
Now we have Syracuse-San Diego State off the coast of California.
It’s a beautiful setting for a basketball game in early November with two likely top-25 teams. But how much could it cost you? Somewhere between $1,200 and $5,000, depending on what you’re looking for.
Let’s start at the beginning:
According to Syracuse Athletics, you can secure yourself a baseline seat and a ticket to an “exclusive pre-game party” for that low-end figure of $1,200. Travel and hotels are on you.
For $1,500, you get a sideline seat, that same ticket to an “exclusive pre-game party” and—get this—a game day program. Why the $300 price bump for different seats and a program? No sure, but you could probably fetch a solid penny down the road if you flip that program on eBay, one would think.
Then it gets fancy.
Bump the price up to $2,200 and you get premium seats for the game, access to the media day and shootaround that happen the day before, a ticket to the event’s luncheon, a signed commemorative basketball, a program, and another ticket to that “exclusive pre-game party.”
But get ready for the big-time package.
For the high-end deal–$4,999—you can get all this:
- Travel with the team on charter aircraft from Syracuse
- Overnight accommodations for 2 guests in deluxe room at team hotel
- All ground transportation and transfers
- Premium seats for Battle on the Midway game
- Enjoy a meal with the SU coaches and team
- Access to Thursday Media Day and Shoot Around on the flight deck of USS Midway
- One ticket to Thursday Battle on the Midway Luncheon
- One ticket to exclusive pre-game party
- Commemorative Battle on the Midway autographed basketball (one per ticket)
- Game day program
A charter aircraft to the game? Deluxe room at the team hotel? Lunch with the team? You’re living like a D-I basketball player for a few days.
Now if only I had $5,000 around here somewhere.
- Despite allegations Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 0
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights