Sep 16, 2012, 6:35 PM EDT
Things may not be going too well for Arkansas on the gridiron, but the basketball program received some good news on Saturday as 2013 center Moses Kingsley committed to the SEC school according to multiple outlets.
Kingsley, who plays at Huntington Prep in West Virginia, is a 6-9 big man who runs the floor well and was compared to current Louisville big man Gorgui Dieng by Huntington Prep head coach Rob Fulford.
Kingsley’s commitment moves the number for Mike Anderson’s program to two, as they already held a commitment from power forward Bobby Portis.
Kingsley and Portis both played for the Arkansas Wings AAU program, helping to lead the Wings to a spot in the EYBL Finals at the Nike Peach Jam.
In five games in North Augusta, Kingsley led the way with 13.6 points, 8.4 rebounds and 4.0 blocked shots per contest.
Adding Kingsley to the 2013 incoming class gives Arkansas two mobile front court players that will fit well into the “40 Minutes of Hell” system that Anderson is looking to revive in Fayetteville.
And if everyone that will have eligibility remaining in 2013 returns, Kingsley and Portis would be joining a rather talented program next fall.
Guard B.J. Young was one of the best freshmen in the SEC last season, but due in large part to the presence of Kentucky dominant freshman class he was somewhat overshadowed nationally.
In fact, Arkansas doesn’t have a single senior on their 2012-13 roster so in addition to Young there’s also guards Mardracus Wade, Rickey Scott and Rashad Madden in addition to forward Marshawn Powell due to return in 2013.
Houston transfer Alandise Harris, who averaged 11.5 points and 5.9 rebounds for the Cougars last season, will be eligible to play in 2013 as well.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)