Sep 17, 2012, 9:10 PM EDT
Bruce Weber is steadily adding to his future teams before he’s coached his first game for Kansas State.
“He went ahead and committed to Coach Weber and Coach Alvin Brooks tonight,” Iwundu’s older brother Chris told Scout.com. “He wanted to go ahead and make it official, so he told them over the phone.”
A three-star prospect according to Scout.com, Iwundu, a Houston native, picked Kansas State over an offer from SMU.
Bruce Weber seems to have a renewed vigor after taking the gig in Manhattan. This has shown with his recent recruiting efforts.
He failed to recruit Chicago well while at Illinois and now he won’t have a fertile recruiting base that fans expect him to hit hard, which will relax his efforts and also improve his reach with the program. Weber has always been an approachable guy and he seems to like the atmosphere in Manhattan — he told me as much at The Real Deal in the Rock this summer — and if his early prospects are any indication, he can pick up where Frank Martin left off.
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 0
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- The bond between Rick Byrd and Casey Alexander crosses rivalry lines 1
- How did Bill Self learn about Andrew Wiggins’ commitment? Twitter 0
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games