Sep 18, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
The string of high-profile commitments continued to flow on Tuesday as Ohio State landed their second recruit in the Class of 2013.
Kameron Williams, a top 100 scoring guard from Balitmore, committed to Thad Matta and the Buckeyes. The news was first reported by Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com. He’ll join another top 100 recruit in Marc Loving, a 6-foot-7 forward, in Ohio State’s next recruiting class.
At 6-foot-2, Williams is one of the most prolific scorers in the country. He’s got a slight build, and his listed height probably includes an inch or two worth of hair, but there’s no questioning his ability to put points on the board. He was one of the most impressive scorers in the Nike EYBL, averaging 22.2 points while shooting 48% from beyond the arc.
What makes this addition intriguing for Matta is that he doesn’t exactly have a big time scorer on his roster in the back court, and if DeShaun Thomas ends up heading for the NBA after this season, than there may not be one on the entire roster. Aaron Craft is a defender and a facilitator at the point. Lenzelle Smith is more of a David Lighty than he is a William Buford. Shannon Scott is a point guard and Amedeo Della Valle is more of a spot-up shooter than anything.
But Williams is a guy that can score in a hurry. And come 2013-2014, that’s something that Ohio State is going to need from him.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 2
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)