Sep 18, 2012, 5:59 PM EST
The string of high-profile commitments continued to flow on Tuesday as Ohio State landed their second recruit in the Class of 2013.
Kameron Williams, a top 100 scoring guard from Balitmore, committed to Thad Matta and the Buckeyes. The news was first reported by Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com. He’ll join another top 100 recruit in Marc Loving, a 6-foot-7 forward, in Ohio State’s next recruiting class.
At 6-foot-2, Williams is one of the most prolific scorers in the country. He’s got a slight build, and his listed height probably includes an inch or two worth of hair, but there’s no questioning his ability to put points on the board. He was one of the most impressive scorers in the Nike EYBL, averaging 22.2 points while shooting 48% from beyond the arc.
What makes this addition intriguing for Matta is that he doesn’t exactly have a big time scorer on his roster in the back court, and if DeShaun Thomas ends up heading for the NBA after this season, than there may not be one on the entire roster. Aaron Craft is a defender and a facilitator at the point. Lenzelle Smith is more of a David Lighty than he is a William Buford. Shannon Scott is a point guard and Amedeo Della Valle is more of a spot-up shooter than anything.
But Williams is a guy that can score in a hurry. And come 2013-2014, that’s something that Ohio State is going to need from him.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)