Sep 18, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
The string of high-profile commitments continued to flow on Tuesday as Ohio State landed their second recruit in the Class of 2013.
Kameron Williams, a top 100 scoring guard from Balitmore, committed to Thad Matta and the Buckeyes. The news was first reported by Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com. He’ll join another top 100 recruit in Marc Loving, a 6-foot-7 forward, in Ohio State’s next recruiting class.
At 6-foot-2, Williams is one of the most prolific scorers in the country. He’s got a slight build, and his listed height probably includes an inch or two worth of hair, but there’s no questioning his ability to put points on the board. He was one of the most impressive scorers in the Nike EYBL, averaging 22.2 points while shooting 48% from beyond the arc.
What makes this addition intriguing for Matta is that he doesn’t exactly have a big time scorer on his roster in the back court, and if DeShaun Thomas ends up heading for the NBA after this season, than there may not be one on the entire roster. Aaron Craft is a defender and a facilitator at the point. Lenzelle Smith is more of a David Lighty than he is a William Buford. Shannon Scott is a point guard and Amedeo Della Valle is more of a spot-up shooter than anything.
But Williams is a guy that can score in a hurry. And come 2013-2014, that’s something that Ohio State is going to need from him.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)