Sep 18, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT
The string of high-profile commitments continued to flow on Tuesday as Ohio State landed their second recruit in the Class of 2013.
Kameron Williams, a top 100 scoring guard from Balitmore, committed to Thad Matta and the Buckeyes. The news was first reported by Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com. He’ll join another top 100 recruit in Marc Loving, a 6-foot-7 forward, in Ohio State’s next recruiting class.
At 6-foot-2, Williams is one of the most prolific scorers in the country. He’s got a slight build, and his listed height probably includes an inch or two worth of hair, but there’s no questioning his ability to put points on the board. He was one of the most impressive scorers in the Nike EYBL, averaging 22.2 points while shooting 48% from beyond the arc.
What makes this addition intriguing for Matta is that he doesn’t exactly have a big time scorer on his roster in the back court, and if DeShaun Thomas ends up heading for the NBA after this season, than there may not be one on the entire roster. Aaron Craft is a defender and a facilitator at the point. Lenzelle Smith is more of a David Lighty than he is a William Buford. Shannon Scott is a point guard and Amedeo Della Valle is more of a spot-up shooter than anything.
But Williams is a guy that can score in a hurry. And come 2013-2014, that’s something that Ohio State is going to need from him.
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 0
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 5
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)