Sep 20, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
The NCAA’s Division I men’s basketball selection committee has added another member.
Peter Roby, Northeastern’s athletic director, has been selected to fill the void left when former Delaware AD Bernard Muir left for Stanford.
Roby has plenty of experience in and around college basketball. He played in college at Dartmouth. He was an assistant coach at schools like Stanford and Harvard and even spent six years as the head coach of the Crimson, although they didn’t have nearly the same success under Roby as they have in the last couple of season’s under Tommy Amaker.
The rest of the men’s selection committee is as follows: LSU athletic director Joe Alleva, Utah State AD Scott Barnes, Xavier AD Mike Bobinski, Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione, Big Sky commissioner Doug Fullerton, Michigan State AD Mark Hollis, Conference USA associate commissioner Judy MacLeod, Wake Forest AD Ron Wellman and WCC commissioner Jamie Zaninovich.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 5
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)