Sep 20, 2012, 10:34 PM EST
The NCAA’s Division I men’s basketball selection committee has added another member.
Peter Roby, Northeastern’s athletic director, has been selected to fill the void left when former Delaware AD Bernard Muir left for Stanford.
Roby has plenty of experience in and around college basketball. He played in college at Dartmouth. He was an assistant coach at schools like Stanford and Harvard and even spent six years as the head coach of the Crimson, although they didn’t have nearly the same success under Roby as they have in the last couple of season’s under Tommy Amaker.
The rest of the men’s selection committee is as follows: LSU athletic director Joe Alleva, Utah State AD Scott Barnes, Xavier AD Mike Bobinski, Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione, Big Sky commissioner Doug Fullerton, Michigan State AD Mark Hollis, Conference USA associate commissioner Judy MacLeod, Wake Forest AD Ron Wellman and WCC commissioner Jamie Zaninovich.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)