Sep 20, 2012, 10:34 PM EDT
The NCAA’s Division I men’s basketball selection committee has added another member.
Peter Roby, Northeastern’s athletic director, has been selected to fill the void left when former Delaware AD Bernard Muir left for Stanford.
Roby has plenty of experience in and around college basketball. He played in college at Dartmouth. He was an assistant coach at schools like Stanford and Harvard and even spent six years as the head coach of the Crimson, although they didn’t have nearly the same success under Roby as they have in the last couple of season’s under Tommy Amaker.
The rest of the men’s selection committee is as follows: LSU athletic director Joe Alleva, Utah State AD Scott Barnes, Xavier AD Mike Bobinski, Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione, Big Sky commissioner Doug Fullerton, Michigan State AD Mark Hollis, Conference USA associate commissioner Judy MacLeod, Wake Forest AD Ron Wellman and WCC commissioner Jamie Zaninovich.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)