Sep 20, 2012, 4:20 PM EDT
Not too fond of the action of “cutting” one’s list to ten schools, but when a player is as highly sought after as Simeon High (Chicago) forward Jabari Parker maybe that’s a necessary action.
BYU, DePaul, Duke, Florida, Georgetown, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, North Carolina and Stanford were the ten schools that Parker tweeted out back in July.
And according Scott Powers of ESPNChicago.com there’s now an 11th school on Parker’s list: Connecticut.
Yes, the school many thought would take a hit on the recruiting trail due to the one-year contract given to new head coach Kevin Ollie is now in the running for one of the country’s best high school players.
And according to Powers, Sonny Parker (Jabari’s father) noted that Ollie will visit the Parker home next week.
“It was Jabari’s decision,” Parker said. “He’s picking all the schools for the home visits. He’s talked to coach Calhoun previously before. That’s one of the schools that showed some interest to him. He’s had conversations with them previously. Of course, coach Kevin Ollie came in, and (Jabari) wanted them for a home visit.”
How much of a chance UConn has of landing Parker remains to be seen, but to simply get into the conversation at this stage has to be seen as a positive by Husky fans.
According to Mr. Parker, he expects Jabari to narrow down his list in the near future and then make official visits.
Michigan State’s Tom Izzo (Thursday) and Duke’s Mike Krzyzewski (Friday) are making in-home visits to the Parker residence this week while Ollie, Stanford’s Johnny Dawkins and North Carolina’s Roy Williams are slated to do so next week according to Powers’ report.
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality 2
- Coach K on returning to Team USA: ‘There’s a chance’ 0
- New Mexico, former coach Steve Alford settle buyout dispute 1
- Ben McLemore denies former AAU coach’s allegations 0
- 2014 small forward Jordan Barnett generating buzz in the EYBL 1
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him