Sep 21, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
It’s all fun and games until someone gets hurt. And if the injured party happens to be one of the nation’s best freshmen, a season can be derailed before it even begins.
Luckily for Kentucky freshman center Nerlens Noel and the fans that make up Big Blue Nation, there’s no need for concern following his fall (on a missed dunk) during a pickup game on Thursday night.
It’s become a tradition of sorts in the John Calipari era for players to take on some of the folks camping out for tickets to “Big Blue Madness” and the five-star players usually win in convincing fashion.
But after this scare, one has to wonder if Calipari decides to put the kibosh on the games with the fans for the time being.
More videos of some of the Wildcats taking on their fans can be found here.
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires