Sep 22, 2012, 5:50 PM EST
Camping out for tickets to big matchups is nothing new. We’ve seen Krzyzewskiville and similar tent cities crop up for league games and big non-conference matchups across the nation.
So far, fans in Lexington are the first I’ve heard of lining up to get tickets to a Midnight Madness event.
According to the Lexington Herald-Leader, thousands of Kentucky fans lined up outside venerable Memorial Coliseum Friday night and this morning, and snatched up a full allotment of tickets to the event in well under an hour.
John Calipari showed up to greet the crowd, and offered a few remarks. Since he had a number of the campus’ weekend basketball warriors on hand in a captive audience, he took a moment to try and find out who nearly wrecked the franchise by knocking down freshman Nerlens Noel during a pickup game.
The paper published a transcript of his remarks, including Coach Cal’s impromptu Columbo routine.
I’ll tell you this. Who was the one that pushed Nerlens in the back? Who did that? I refuse to watch the tape. Somebody said, ‘Did you see the tape?’ I said, ‘No, I’m not watching that video.’ I’m in Minnesota and I’ll be throwing up watching a videotape of you guys pushing my players.
Wondering if he was serious or lighthearted about it? Watch the video:
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)