Sep 23, 2012, 11:21 AM EDT
Top-100 prospect Kyle Washington of Brewster Academy (N.H.) has committed to NC State, his coach at Brewster, Jason Smith, tweeted Sunday morning.
Washington, a 6-9 forward, had reportedly been visiting the NC State campus over the weekend, where he made his commitment.
Before committing to the Wolfpack, Washington was also considering offers from the University of Washington, Iowa State, Ohio State, Louisville, and Marquette.
For NC State coach Mark Gottfried, he has in Washington another athletic forward that fits well into his up-tempo system that ranked 51st in the nation in scoring last season.
Gottfried, who was approved for a contract extension and pay raise this week by the NC State Board of Trustees, snags his second major commitment from the 2013 class, along with Virginia native Anthony “Cat” Barber.
Barber, a lightning quick point guard, also thrives in a fastbreak offense, meaning he and Washington can be paired nicely into Gottfried’s system.
Washington and Barber in 2013 follow a stellar 2012 class for Gottfried and the Wolfpack, who secured three McDonald’s All-Americans who will take the floor this fall: Tyler Lewis, TJ Warren, and Rodney Purvis.
The NCAA clearinghouse recently gave Purvis the green light to play this season, following a review of his academic eligibility.
For the 2012-13 season, NC State returns forward CJ Leslie and guard Lorenzo Brown, both of whom will be paired with the three All-American freshmen on a team that should compete for an ACC title.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)