Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Washington has added another player to their roster for the 2012-2013 season.
Dion Overstreet Jr. is a 5-foot-9 point guard from Venice, CA. He graduated from Venice HS in 2008 and spent two seasons at Edmonds Community College in Washington. He averaged 13.9 points there, once going for 42 while hitting seven triples in an overtime win.
But that’s not what makes Overstreet an interesting or noteworthy addition to the Huskies. While his height might make U-Dub fans recall their diminutive point guards of the past — Isaiah Thomas and Nate Robinson come to mind — Overstreet will be walking on to the team. He’s not going to be the difference maker in a Pac-12 title run.
He does have an interesting back story, however.
Overstreet was a child actor. When he was seven, he appeared in commercials for Burger King, AT&T and McDonalds. Eventually, he was able to land roles in TV shows like “Moesha”, “The Bernie Mac Show”, “Newsradio” and “Malcolm in the Middle”. He even has an IMDb page.
That’s when you know you’re big time.
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)