Sep 24, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Washington has added another player to their roster for the 2012-2013 season.
Dion Overstreet Jr. is a 5-foot-9 point guard from Venice, CA. He graduated from Venice HS in 2008 and spent two seasons at Edmonds Community College in Washington. He averaged 13.9 points there, once going for 42 while hitting seven triples in an overtime win.
But that’s not what makes Overstreet an interesting or noteworthy addition to the Huskies. While his height might make U-Dub fans recall their diminutive point guards of the past — Isaiah Thomas and Nate Robinson come to mind — Overstreet will be walking on to the team. He’s not going to be the difference maker in a Pac-12 title run.
He does have an interesting back story, however.
Overstreet was a child actor. When he was seven, he appeared in commercials for Burger King, AT&T and McDonalds. Eventually, he was able to land roles in TV shows like “Moesha”, “The Bernie Mac Show”, “Newsradio” and “Malcolm in the Middle”. He even has an IMDb page.
That’s when you know you’re big time.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)