Sep 24, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
Travis Ford got a commitment from junior college guard Chad Frazier on Monday.
The Oklahoman is reporting that the 6-4 Frazier will come in as a member of the 2013 recruiting class out of Gulf Coast (Fla.) State College and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
As a freshman, Frazier averaged 15 points, 3.7 rebounds and two assists for the Commodores, who finished 11-19 last season, including a 1-11 mark in conference.
“I called Coach Ford today, around about 12, told him I wanted to commit,” Frazier confirmed in a phone interview with The Oklahoman. “Oklahoma State’s where I want to be.”
The Charlotte native was offered by Washington State, Memphis and Pittsburgh, according to the report.
The addition of Frazier will help bulk up the guard depth for the Cowboys next season and Frazier’s arrival could prove to be even more important if, say, Marcus Smart has a breakout freshman season and decides to turn pro.
If Smart doesn’t test the NBA waters, it adds to the ever-increasing trend of Travis Ford loving him some tall guards — Keiton Page notwithstanding — giving them Frazier, 6-3 Markel Brown, 6-4 Smart and the 6-5 Brian Williams for 2012-13.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)