Sep 24, 2012, 11:07 PM EDT
Travis Ford got a commitment from junior college guard Chad Frazier on Monday.
The Oklahoman is reporting that the 6-4 Frazier will come in as a member of the 2013 recruiting class out of Gulf Coast (Fla.) State College and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
As a freshman, Frazier averaged 15 points, 3.7 rebounds and two assists for the Commodores, who finished 11-19 last season, including a 1-11 mark in conference.
“I called Coach Ford today, around about 12, told him I wanted to commit,” Frazier confirmed in a phone interview with The Oklahoman. “Oklahoma State’s where I want to be.”
The Charlotte native was offered by Washington State, Memphis and Pittsburgh, according to the report.
The addition of Frazier will help bulk up the guard depth for the Cowboys next season and Frazier’s arrival could prove to be even more important if, say, Marcus Smart has a breakout freshman season and decides to turn pro.
If Smart doesn’t test the NBA waters, it adds to the ever-increasing trend of Travis Ford loving him some tall guards — Keiton Page notwithstanding — giving them Frazier, 6-3 Markel Brown, 6-4 Smart and the 6-5 Brian Williams for 2012-13.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)