Sep 24, 2012, 11:07 PM EST
Travis Ford got a commitment from junior college guard Chad Frazier on Monday.
The Oklahoman is reporting that the 6-4 Frazier will come in as a member of the 2013 recruiting class out of Gulf Coast (Fla.) State College and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
As a freshman, Frazier averaged 15 points, 3.7 rebounds and two assists for the Commodores, who finished 11-19 last season, including a 1-11 mark in conference.
“I called Coach Ford today, around about 12, told him I wanted to commit,” Frazier confirmed in a phone interview with The Oklahoman. “Oklahoma State’s where I want to be.”
The Charlotte native was offered by Washington State, Memphis and Pittsburgh, according to the report.
The addition of Frazier will help bulk up the guard depth for the Cowboys next season and Frazier’s arrival could prove to be even more important if, say, Marcus Smart has a breakout freshman season and decides to turn pro.
If Smart doesn’t test the NBA waters, it adds to the ever-increasing trend of Travis Ford loving him some tall guards — Keiton Page notwithstanding — giving them Frazier, 6-3 Markel Brown, 6-4 Smart and the 6-5 Brian Williams for 2012-13.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 6
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 13
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)