Sep 24, 2012, 7:58 PM EDT
Washington State is now in the market for a starting point guard.
The program sent out a release Monday evening announcing that would-be starter Reggie Moore has been dismissed from the team for a violation of team rules.
“Reggie has been an important part of the basketball program for the last three years and I wish him the very best in the future,” Cougars coach Ken Bone said in a statement.
That’s the extent of the release, but this isn’t Moore’s first brush with trouble while in a Wazzu uniform. Moore was suspended from the team in January of 2011 following an arrest on two marijuana charges.
The senior guard from Seattle averaged 10.2 points and a team-leading 5.2 assists per game for the Cougars, who return leading scorer Brock Motum — who led the team at 18 ppg in 2011-12 — and DaVonte Lacy, who averaged 8.5 points and 2.3 rebounds last season.
For now, Bone’s squad may have to rely on Lacy, a 6-3 sophomore, for ball distribution, who is now Washington State’s leader in assists with 69 last season. If not that, the next bests option looks to be a point-guard-by-committee situation.
A huge blow to a team that had some decent expectations after finishing second in the College Basketball Invitational — hey, that has to count for something right? — last season with a 19-18 record.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
The Mustangs and Bulldogs are looking to meet in a home-and-home series.
Apr 15, 2014, 9:36 PM EDT
Watch the 7-foot-6 center play baseball.
Apr 15, 2014, 8:44 PM EDT
Austin will leave Waco after two seasons.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:34 PM EDT
He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:08 PM EDT
Washington State loses three players, including a starting guard.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
The NCAA approved a rule change that will benefit student-athletes.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:06 PM EDT
Okoroh will follow Cuonzo Martin from Tennessee to Cal.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Tom Izzo returns a key player from last season’s 29-win team.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
A pair of starters will leave Arizona following an Elite 8 appearance.
Apr 15, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
The Big Ten regular season champion has lost two underclassmen to the NBA draft with the possibility of a third departure as well.
Apr 15, 2014, 3:56 PM EDT
Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee was a marriage that needed to end. On Tuesday, it did.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:23 PM EDT
Cal dipped into SEC territory to land their new head coach.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:09 PM EDT
The Miami investigation keeps getting more embarrassing for the NCAA.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:19 PM EDT
The future Kentucky Wildcat had an impressive showing at the Hoop Summit last weekend.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:32 AM EDT
Gonzaga is close to landing the son of another legend of the 80s
Apr 15, 2014, 10:31 AM EDT
He lies to the NBA?
Apr 14, 2014, 11:37 PM EDT
Syracuse landed another 2015 pledge on Monday evening when guard Franklin Howard committed to the Orange.
Apr 14, 2014, 10:48 PM EDT
Duke freshman forward Jabari Parker will decide on his future this week.
Apr 14, 2014, 9:11 PM EDT
Washington point guard Nigel Williams-Goss will return for his sophomore season.
Apr 14, 2014, 8:28 PM EDT
Cornell transfer Nolan Cressler has committed to Vanderbilt.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)