Sep 26, 2012, 9:39 AM EDT
Hudson Catholic (N.J.) forward Reggie Cameron has committed to Georgetown, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Cameron, a 6-7 native of Paterson, N.J., is a Top-75 prospect and an elite shooter from the Class of 2013.
He chose Georgetown over schools that include Michigan, Miami, Seton Hall, and NC State.
Cameron will fit well into the system that John Thompson III employs, a shooter with size who gives defenses a reason to guard the perimeter. Last season at Hudson Catholic, he averaged 20.1 points and 10.1 rebounds, according to MaxPreps.com.
The question that arises for Georgetown now is which scholarship Cameron will take, being that the Hoyas are at the limit. Conventional wisdom is that sophomore Otto Porter could leave for the NBA draft after the 2012-13 season, but if he doesn’t, Thompson III will have to find a way to creatively shuffle the deck.
The Hoyas finished 24-9 last season, including 12-6 in the Big East. They were upset by No. 11 NC State in the NCAA tournament.
For 2012-13, Thompson III brings in four freshman, led by Oak Hill (Va.) guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera. Stephen Domingo, a lanky shooter from California, was originally a member of the Class of 2013, but reclassified up after his commitment to Georgetown and will play for the Hoyas this season.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)