Sep 26, 2012, 9:39 AM EST
Hudson Catholic (N.J.) forward Reggie Cameron has committed to Georgetown, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Cameron, a 6-7 native of Paterson, N.J., is a Top-75 prospect and an elite shooter from the Class of 2013.
He chose Georgetown over schools that include Michigan, Miami, Seton Hall, and NC State.
Cameron will fit well into the system that John Thompson III employs, a shooter with size who gives defenses a reason to guard the perimeter. Last season at Hudson Catholic, he averaged 20.1 points and 10.1 rebounds, according to MaxPreps.com.
The question that arises for Georgetown now is which scholarship Cameron will take, being that the Hoyas are at the limit. Conventional wisdom is that sophomore Otto Porter could leave for the NBA draft after the 2012-13 season, but if he doesn’t, Thompson III will have to find a way to creatively shuffle the deck.
The Hoyas finished 24-9 last season, including 12-6 in the Big East. They were upset by No. 11 NC State in the NCAA tournament.
For 2012-13, Thompson III brings in four freshman, led by Oak Hill (Va.) guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera. Stephen Domingo, a lanky shooter from California, was originally a member of the Class of 2013, but reclassified up after his commitment to Georgetown and will play for the Hoyas this season.
- The Chase for 180: Jahii Carson’s improved jump shot 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top Ten Most Surprising Teams 0
- Two losses in a row? Three in 11 days? Oh well. Don’t give up on Kansas just yet 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Ten Most Disappointing Players 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Player of the Year Power Rankings 2
- Professor at center of UNC’s academic fraud case to face felony charges (8)
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? (5)
- Weekend Preview: Kentucky-Baylor, a trio of in-state rivalry games (3)
- Turnovers, rebounding woes plague No. 3 Kentucky again (3)
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role (2)