Sep 26, 2012, 9:39 AM EST
Hudson Catholic (N.J.) forward Reggie Cameron has committed to Georgetown, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Cameron, a 6-7 native of Paterson, N.J., is a Top-75 prospect and an elite shooter from the Class of 2013.
He chose Georgetown over schools that include Michigan, Miami, Seton Hall, and NC State.
Cameron will fit well into the system that John Thompson III employs, a shooter with size who gives defenses a reason to guard the perimeter. Last season at Hudson Catholic, he averaged 20.1 points and 10.1 rebounds, according to MaxPreps.com.
The question that arises for Georgetown now is which scholarship Cameron will take, being that the Hoyas are at the limit. Conventional wisdom is that sophomore Otto Porter could leave for the NBA draft after the 2012-13 season, but if he doesn’t, Thompson III will have to find a way to creatively shuffle the deck.
The Hoyas finished 24-9 last season, including 12-6 in the Big East. They were upset by No. 11 NC State in the NCAA tournament.
For 2012-13, Thompson III brings in four freshman, led by Oak Hill (Va.) guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera. Stephen Domingo, a lanky shooter from California, was originally a member of the Class of 2013, but reclassified up after his commitment to Georgetown and will play for the Hoyas this season.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)