Sep 26, 2012, 9:39 AM EDT
Hudson Catholic (N.J.) forward Reggie Cameron has committed to Georgetown, multiple outlets are now reporting.
Cameron, a 6-7 native of Paterson, N.J., is a Top-75 prospect and an elite shooter from the Class of 2013.
He chose Georgetown over schools that include Michigan, Miami, Seton Hall, and NC State.
Cameron will fit well into the system that John Thompson III employs, a shooter with size who gives defenses a reason to guard the perimeter. Last season at Hudson Catholic, he averaged 20.1 points and 10.1 rebounds, according to MaxPreps.com.
The question that arises for Georgetown now is which scholarship Cameron will take, being that the Hoyas are at the limit. Conventional wisdom is that sophomore Otto Porter could leave for the NBA draft after the 2012-13 season, but if he doesn’t, Thompson III will have to find a way to creatively shuffle the deck.
The Hoyas finished 24-9 last season, including 12-6 in the Big East. They were upset by No. 11 NC State in the NCAA tournament.
For 2012-13, Thompson III brings in four freshman, led by Oak Hill (Va.) guard D’Vauntes Smith-Rivera. Stephen Domingo, a lanky shooter from California, was originally a member of the Class of 2013, but reclassified up after his commitment to Georgetown and will play for the Hoyas this season.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)