Sep 27, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
The NFL referees are back, but The Morning Mix never left. Remember that.
- In an effort to make their Midnight Madness seem more “hip” and/or “cool”, Syracuse has decided against having Tone Loc for a second straight year. Instead, former-guard Scoop Jardine will M.C. the event, along with
his girlfriend the daughter of Michael Jordan
- Rappelling down the face of a rock is scary business. Normally, I have no business discussing it. But Rutgers Mike Rice is going to give it “the ol’ college try”. He’s a better man than I’ll ever be
- Umm, this is the main issue I’ve had with aircraft carrier games the entire time
- What should we expect from the Big East in 2012-2013? That’s a very good question
- Anybody else looking forward to the bi-annual Xavier/Butler title that’s just beyond the horizon? Remember when the #Expansionocalypse big-wigs were talking about so-called “new rivalries”? I think this is what they had in mind
- Since we’re on the subject of Butler, here’s a team preview for the 2012-2013 Bulldogs squad
- More Butler: Regardless
or “irregardless” of the outcome, Butler will not be taking over for Duke’s 2010 national championship title
- Michigan State is going to be “a force to be reckoned with“? C”mon Izzo. That’s a tad strong even for your taste
- It’s only Wednesday, but I’m pretty confident that the Montana Grizzlies have had the worst.week.ever
- BYU-transfer Damarcus Harrison has been granted a waiver by the NCAA that makes him immediately eligible to play for the Clemson Tigers
- In case you missed it from earlier on Tuesday, Nebraska AD (and famous football coach) Tom Osborne announced his retirement, effective in January
- Reggie Cameron, an elite shooter out of Hudson Catholic (NJ) has committed to Georgetown and should fit into JTIII’s offensive system rather well
- Interested in trying out for the Detroit men’s basketball team? Here’s your chance
- If your fantasy football league gets points for offensive rebounds or eFG%, this link is for you
And we end today’s edition of The Morning Mix with the following:
You gotta just trust me on this one.
Remember, if you find an article that is worthy of being in The Morning Mix, be sure to use the #ReadoftheDay hashtag on Twitter.
My college coach would make us turn in our scouting report before each game out of fear of espionage. Players at Duke are getting IPads. The world is a scary, scary place
- This week is a very important week for Ed O’Bannon’s case against the NCAA 0
- A broken foot failed to derail C.J. McCollum’s trek to the lottery 0
- The most important skill Michael Carter-Williams learned as a freshman? Work ethic 0
- Aaron Gordon: ‘Whatever Coach Miller wants me to play, I’ll play it.’ 0
- Bruce Pearl could have starred in Welcome Back, Kotter in the 1970s 0
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL