Sep 27, 2012, 10:30 PM EDT
New LSU head coach Johnny Jones has landed his first win on the recruiting trail in Baton Rouge.
On Thursday evening, Jordan Mickey, a top 50 recruit in the Class of 2013 from Texas, committed to the Tigers.
Mickey is an athletic and active 6-foot-7 combo-forward. Right now, his best skill is his god-given physical ability. He can get to the offensive glass and he can finish dump-offs around the basket. But he has slowly shown the growth towards being more of a face-up player. His jump shot is coming along, as is his ability to score by putting the ball on the floor or with his back to the basket.
ESPN’s recruiting profile says of Mickey: “it is still early in his progress as a player, but it is obvious that this young man has a chance to be a very good high major prospect.”
The key for Jones now becomes Jarrell Martin, a top 20 big man in LSU’s back yard. If Jones can reel in Martin, LSU will be in good shape for the future, as sophomores Johnny O’Bryant and Anthony Hickey had promising rookie years.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)