Sep 28, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Monday, New Hampton forward Noah Vonleh didn’t shock many when he decided to reclassify and join the class of 2013. Vonleh, considered a top prospect in the class of 2014, didn’t really hurt himself by the grade change, as he is still consensus top-10 player.
Vonleh holds offers from Arizona, UConn, Boston College, Kansas, Ohio State, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, and Indiana. But his most intriguing offer hails from North Carolina. Vonleh’s game has some resemblance to former Tar Heel, Harrison Barnes.
Vonleh is a physically gifted young athlete. He already has a strong frame and solid athleticism to go along with height. He is listed as many as a power forward, but don’t limit him to just a stretch four. Over time, Vonleh has been able to expand his game out past the perimeter and he could be considered a three.
Seeing Vonleh’s game (see highlights below) he can do some of the same that Barnes did at two years in Chapel Hill. Vonleh has been able to develop a respectable three-point shot, that he can knock down from off the dribble, as well as a catch-and-shoot.
Watching Vonleh out on the perimeter, he can become a matchup nightmare at the next level. Where Barnes used a variety of pump fakes and jabs to get past his defenders, Vonleh uses quickness and ball handling skills to get to the rim and when he gets in the lane is explosive and crafty enough to finish.
Also, Vonleh, like Barnes is a solid rebounder, especially on the offensive glass. On the defensive end, Vonleh has the tools to be a versatile defender.
The recruiting process should be simple for Roy Williams and North Carolina when going after Vonleh: you play similar to a guy we just had and he was a top-10 pick in the NBA Draft.
(Photo credit: Adidas)
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)