Sep 28, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
The Jabari Parker sweepstakes is quickly coming to a close. The nation’s top-ranked senior is expected to sign in November, before his senior season at Simeon Career Academy (Ill.) begins.
The 6-foot-8 small forward is down to 11 schools and according to SNY.tv and ZagsBlog.com’s Adam Zagoria, Parker will take his first official visit to Duke on Oct. 27. This visit will take place on the same weekend as the Blue Devil’s first home exhibition game against Western Washington.
According to Mark Strotman of CSNChicago.com, Parker was suppose to take an official visit to Michigan State this weekend. His visit would coincided with Michigan State’s home football game against Ohio State. The Spartans and Parker have rescheduled.
Last Friday, Parker added UConn to his list of finalists, making it the 11th school in the running for the Chicago native’s services. Along with Michigan State, Duke and UConn, Kentucky, Georgetown, BYU, Florida, DePaul, North Carolina, Kansas and Stanford are all in contention.
Michigan State and Duke are considered the favorites and are likely the first two schools he will visit officially. Parker was on the Stanford campus in August.
“I think Jabari is going to take his time and maybe decide over the weekend what five schools he’s going to visit – if he does five,” Simeon head coach Robert Smith told the Hartford Courant’s Dan Amore.
If the Spartans and Blue Devils are the frontrunners, Parker will headline an already solid class for Duke, while being the first recruit Tom Izzo will land for the class of 2013.
Mike Krzyzewski has received commits from Ottawa High (Kan.) small forward, Semi Ojeleye and DeSoto High (Tex.) shooting guard, Matt Jones.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 4
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (4)