Sep 30, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
Just over two weeks ago it was announced that Xavier freshmen Myles Davis and Jalen Reynolds were ruled ineligible by the NCAA.
Well, the hits keep on coming as it’s been reported by multiple outlets that Chipola JC point guard Chris Thomas has decided to reopen (subscription required) his recruitment.
Thomas was originally a member of the 2013 class as a high school player, but the well-traveled guard from Colorado made the move to Chipola last year.
And given the path that Thomas has traveled to this point, it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that he would reopen his recruitment.
He started out in his hometown of Denver at Montbello (Colo.), but never played a game there. After that, Thomas attended Princeton Day Academy (Md.) and then planned to enroll at Westwind Prep (Ariz.). After deciding not to attend Westwind, he ended his high school career with a couple of months at South Kent Prep (Conn.) – before enrolling at Chipola Junior College in Florida, where he took classes but didn’t play last season. Thomas reportedly obtained his GED at Chipola, and is expected to begin taking classes this year.
If there’s any good news for Xavier it’s that freshman Semaj Christion is a talented point guard that they’ll be able to rely on in the future (as well as this season).
But the loss of another player who has yet to play a game for the program is not what the Musketeers needed, and Thomas’ decision means that Xavier is without a 2013 commitment.
Thomas may be a well-traveled prospect but his talent level will make the Denver native a highly sought-after player over the next few months.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)