Sep 30, 2012, 2:28 PM EDT
Top-100 prospect Tim Quarterman has committed to the LSU Tigers, Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com is reporting.
Quarterman becomes the second player to commit to LSU in the last week, following fellow Top-100 prospect Jordan Mickey, who committed Thursday.
Quarterman is a native of Savannah, Ga., and now commits after visiting LSU in mid-September. He was also considering schools that include George Mason, Georgia Tech, Alabama, and South Carolina.
New head coach Johnny Jones, who will begin his first season on the sidelines for LSU this fall, is making an impact on the recruiting trail just five months after being hired.
At 6-5. Quarterman is a versatile player who can be slotted in at multiple position for Jones and the Tigers.
He becomes the third commit to Jones’ 2013 class, joining Mickey and 6-8 junior college forward Deng Deng.
LSU finished 18-15 overall last season, including 7-9 in the SEC. Leading scorer and rebounder Justin Hamilton left for the NBA draft after averaging 12.7 points and 7.2 rebounds per game.
The Tigers open their season on Nov. 9 at home against UC-Santa Barbara.
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 1
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)