Oct 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EST
After losing his senior point guard to dismissal, Ken Bone when right back onto the recruiting trail and nabbed his point guard of the future.
Ikenna Iroegbu, who is finishing his prep career at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, has committed to the Cougars over offers from Memphis and Virginia Tech.
Iroegbu took to Twitter to announce the news.
“Just committed to the zzu!! #WSU…” Iroegbu tweeted.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com and Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com also had news of the commitment.
This commitment comes as some consolation for Bone, who is sorely going to miss departed guard Reggie Moore, the team’s returning leader in assists and a would-be senior. Unfortunately, Iroegbu doesn’t hit campus until next summer, so with or without Moore, he’ll be waiting for his new floor general.
Iroegbu is the first commitment of the 2013 class for Washington State.
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 5
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 12
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)