Oct 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
After losing his senior point guard to dismissal, Ken Bone when right back onto the recruiting trail and nabbed his point guard of the future.
Ikenna Iroegbu, who is finishing his prep career at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, has committed to the Cougars over offers from Memphis and Virginia Tech.
Iroegbu took to Twitter to announce the news.
“Just committed to the zzu!! #WSU…” Iroegbu tweeted.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com and Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com also had news of the commitment.
This commitment comes as some consolation for Bone, who is sorely going to miss departed guard Reggie Moore, the team’s returning leader in assists and a would-be senior. Unfortunately, Iroegbu doesn’t hit campus until next summer, so with or without Moore, he’ll be waiting for his new floor general.
Iroegbu is the first commitment of the 2013 class for Washington State.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)