Oct 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
After losing his senior point guard to dismissal, Ken Bone when right back onto the recruiting trail and nabbed his point guard of the future.
Ikenna Iroegbu, who is finishing his prep career at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, has committed to the Cougars over offers from Memphis and Virginia Tech.
Iroegbu took to Twitter to announce the news.
“Just committed to the zzu!! #WSU…” Iroegbu tweeted.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com and Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com also had news of the commitment.
This commitment comes as some consolation for Bone, who is sorely going to miss departed guard Reggie Moore, the team’s returning leader in assists and a would-be senior. Unfortunately, Iroegbu doesn’t hit campus until next summer, so with or without Moore, he’ll be waiting for his new floor general.
Iroegbu is the first commitment of the 2013 class for Washington State.
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 5
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 9
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- Duke’s Jabari Parker will discuss options with Mike Krzyzewski next week 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (8)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)