Oct 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
After losing his senior point guard to dismissal, Ken Bone when right back onto the recruiting trail and nabbed his point guard of the future.
Ikenna Iroegbu, who is finishing his prep career at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, has committed to the Cougars over offers from Memphis and Virginia Tech.
Iroegbu took to Twitter to announce the news.
“Just committed to the zzu!! #WSU…” Iroegbu tweeted.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com and Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com also had news of the commitment.
This commitment comes as some consolation for Bone, who is sorely going to miss departed guard Reggie Moore, the team’s returning leader in assists and a would-be senior. Unfortunately, Iroegbu doesn’t hit campus until next summer, so with or without Moore, he’ll be waiting for his new floor general.
Iroegbu is the first commitment of the 2013 class for Washington State.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)