Oct 1, 2012, 7:28 PM EDT
After losing his senior point guard to dismissal, Ken Bone when right back onto the recruiting trail and nabbed his point guard of the future.
Ikenna Iroegbu, who is finishing his prep career at Oak Hill (Va.) Academy, has committed to the Cougars over offers from Memphis and Virginia Tech.
Iroegbu took to Twitter to announce the news.
“Just committed to the zzu!! #WSU…” Iroegbu tweeted.
Evan Daniels of Scout.com and Jeff Borzello of CBSSports.com also had news of the commitment.
This commitment comes as some consolation for Bone, who is sorely going to miss departed guard Reggie Moore, the team’s returning leader in assists and a would-be senior. Unfortunately, Iroegbu doesn’t hit campus until next summer, so with or without Moore, he’ll be waiting for his new floor general.
Iroegbu is the first commitment of the 2013 class for Washington State.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)