Oct 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Frank Martin locked in his another big recruit of the 2013 season Monday when he got a commitment out of 6-4 wing Sidarius Thornwell, according to multiple outlets.
Thornwell, a consensus Top-40 prospect, is the second commitment of 2013 for South Carolina.
“He chose South Carolina,” said Thornwell’s uncle DaJuan, to Brian Snow of Scout.com. “He wanted to stay home and be a catalyst for the university.”
A five-star recruit by some publications, Thornwell, who is playing his final season at Oak Hill Academy, chose the Gamecocks over offers from programs such as Clemson, Memphis and Florida.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)