Oct 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Frank Martin locked in his another big recruit of the 2013 season Monday when he got a commitment out of 6-4 wing Sidarius Thornwell, according to multiple outlets.
Thornwell, a consensus Top-40 prospect, is the second commitment of 2013 for South Carolina.
“He chose South Carolina,” said Thornwell’s uncle DaJuan, to Brian Snow of Scout.com. “He wanted to stay home and be a catalyst for the university.”
A five-star recruit by some publications, Thornwell, who is playing his final season at Oak Hill Academy, chose the Gamecocks over offers from programs such as Clemson, Memphis and Florida.
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)