Oct 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Frank Martin locked in his another big recruit of the 2013 season Monday when he got a commitment out of 6-4 wing Sidarius Thornwell, according to multiple outlets.
Thornwell, a consensus Top-40 prospect, is the second commitment of 2013 for South Carolina.
“He chose South Carolina,” said Thornwell’s uncle DaJuan, to Brian Snow of Scout.com. “He wanted to stay home and be a catalyst for the university.”
A five-star recruit by some publications, Thornwell, who is playing his final season at Oak Hill Academy, chose the Gamecocks over offers from programs such as Clemson, Memphis and Florida.
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 2
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 2
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Former Memphis forward Tarik Black will spend senior year at Kansas 2
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte