Oct 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Frank Martin locked in his another big recruit of the 2013 season Monday when he got a commitment out of 6-4 wing Sidarius Thornwell, according to multiple outlets.
Thornwell, a consensus Top-40 prospect, is the second commitment of 2013 for South Carolina.
“He chose South Carolina,” said Thornwell’s uncle DaJuan, to Brian Snow of Scout.com. “He wanted to stay home and be a catalyst for the university.”
A five-star recruit by some publications, Thornwell, who is playing his final season at Oak Hill Academy, chose the Gamecocks over offers from programs such as Clemson, Memphis and Florida.
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 6
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (16)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)