Oct 1, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Frank Martin locked in his another big recruit of the 2013 season Monday when he got a commitment out of 6-4 wing Sidarius Thornwell, according to multiple outlets.
Thornwell, a consensus Top-40 prospect, is the second commitment of 2013 for South Carolina.
“He chose South Carolina,” said Thornwell’s uncle DaJuan, to Brian Snow of Scout.com. “He wanted to stay home and be a catalyst for the university.”
A five-star recruit by some publications, Thornwell, who is playing his final season at Oak Hill Academy, chose the Gamecocks over offers from programs such as Clemson, Memphis and Florida.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)