Oct 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman sent out a tweet Monday afternoon that UTEP has landed junior college guard Jacob Thomas as part of their 2013 recruiting class.
Howard, who will have two seasons remaining after his sophomore campaign at Howard (Texas) Junior College this year, averaged 14 points per game for Howard as a freshman.
For coach Tim Floyd, he’s the first recruit of the Miners’ 2013 class.
It’s a solid get for Floyd. But one he could use right now. The Miners lost three of their top for scorers from last season’s 15-17 team.
Floyd is also set to lose senior guard Jaques Streeter after this season. Streeter averaged 7.2 points and 3.1 rebounds as a junior, but he also led UTEP with 140 assists (4.3 per game) and that’s where I’d expect Floyd to put Thomas when he makes it campus.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1