Oct 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman sent out a tweet Monday afternoon that UTEP has landed junior college guard Jacob Thomas as part of their 2013 recruiting class.
Howard, who will have two seasons remaining after his sophomore campaign at Howard (Texas) Junior College this year, averaged 14 points per game for Howard as a freshman.
For coach Tim Floyd, he’s the first recruit of the Miners’ 2013 class.
It’s a solid get for Floyd. But one he could use right now. The Miners lost three of their top for scorers from last season’s 15-17 team.
Floyd is also set to lose senior guard Jaques Streeter after this season. Streeter averaged 7.2 points and 3.1 rebounds as a junior, but he also led UTEP with 140 assists (4.3 per game) and that’s where I’d expect Floyd to put Thomas when he makes it campus.
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Skal Labissiere is considering Europe, but that doesn’t mean there’s a market for him 0
- AAU Nationals Saturday Recap: Raymond Spalding has upside, Trent Forrest and Gary Trent, Jr. perform at a high level 0
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015’s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)