Oct 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman sent out a tweet Monday afternoon that UTEP has landed junior college guard Jacob Thomas as part of their 2013 recruiting class.
Howard, who will have two seasons remaining after his sophomore campaign at Howard (Texas) Junior College this year, averaged 14 points per game for Howard as a freshman.
For coach Tim Floyd, he’s the first recruit of the Miners’ 2013 class.
It’s a solid get for Floyd. But one he could use right now. The Miners lost three of their top for scorers from last season’s 15-17 team.
Floyd is also set to lose senior guard Jaques Streeter after this season. Streeter averaged 7.2 points and 3.1 rebounds as a junior, but he also led UTEP with 140 assists (4.3 per game) and that’s where I’d expect Floyd to put Thomas when he makes it campus.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Dayton unveils new logo, court and basketball uniforms (2)