Oct 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman sent out a tweet Monday afternoon that UTEP has landed junior college guard Jacob Thomas as part of their 2013 recruiting class.
Howard, who will have two seasons remaining after his sophomore campaign at Howard (Texas) Junior College this year, averaged 14 points per game for Howard as a freshman.
For coach Tim Floyd, he’s the first recruit of the Miners’ 2013 class.
It’s a solid get for Floyd. But one he could use right now. The Miners lost three of their top for scorers from last season’s 15-17 team.
Floyd is also set to lose senior guard Jaques Streeter after this season. Streeter averaged 7.2 points and 3.1 rebounds as a junior, but he also led UTEP with 140 assists (4.3 per game) and that’s where I’d expect Floyd to put Thomas when he makes it campus.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)