Oct 1, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
CBSSports.com’s Jeff Goodman sent out a tweet Monday afternoon that UTEP has landed junior college guard Jacob Thomas as part of their 2013 recruiting class.
Howard, who will have two seasons remaining after his sophomore campaign at Howard (Texas) Junior College this year, averaged 14 points per game for Howard as a freshman.
For coach Tim Floyd, he’s the first recruit of the Miners’ 2013 class.
It’s a solid get for Floyd. But one he could use right now. The Miners lost three of their top for scorers from last season’s 15-17 team.
Floyd is also set to lose senior guard Jaques Streeter after this season. Streeter averaged 7.2 points and 3.1 rebounds as a junior, but he also led UTEP with 140 assists (4.3 per game) and that’s where I’d expect Floyd to put Thomas when he makes it campus.
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 4
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 11
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 7
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (17)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)