Oct 2, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
We’ve some significant news coming out of the MAC today.
The league’s reigning Sixth-Man of the Year, Akron’s Quincy Diggs, was kicked out of school for the rest of the year for a violation of the University’s Student Code of Conduct.
Diggs averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 boards, 2.4 assists and 1.2 steals coming off the bench as a junior. As the Hustle Belt, your premiere destination for all things MAC, notes, Diggs was an “absolute energy machine” last year. With the Zips once again competing for a MAC title this season, his loss will be felt.
I do like the attitude that head coach Keith Dambrot has in regards to Diggs. “I’m not concerned about the effect on the team, I’m concerned that [he] graduates,” he told Ohio.com. While losing out on this season may seem like the end of the world for Diggs right now, losing out on the opportunity to finish up his degree would be a much bigger loss. Diggs may one day be a professional basketball player, but he won’t be making millions in the NBA. Once his basketball career is over, he’ll need to find a way to make a living off of the basketball court.
Finishing that degree would go a long way towards helping his cause.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)