Oct 2, 2012, 5:33 PM EST
We’ve some significant news coming out of the MAC today.
The league’s reigning Sixth-Man of the Year, Akron’s Quincy Diggs, was kicked out of school for the rest of the year for a violation of the University’s Student Code of Conduct.
Diggs averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 boards, 2.4 assists and 1.2 steals coming off the bench as a junior. As the Hustle Belt, your premiere destination for all things MAC, notes, Diggs was an “absolute energy machine” last year. With the Zips once again competing for a MAC title this season, his loss will be felt.
I do like the attitude that head coach Keith Dambrot has in regards to Diggs. “I’m not concerned about the effect on the team, I’m concerned that [he] graduates,” he told Ohio.com. While losing out on this season may seem like the end of the world for Diggs right now, losing out on the opportunity to finish up his degree would be a much bigger loss. Diggs may one day be a professional basketball player, but he won’t be making millions in the NBA. Once his basketball career is over, he’ll need to find a way to make a living off of the basketball court.
Finishing that degree would go a long way towards helping his cause.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)