Oct 2, 2012, 5:33 PM EDT
We’ve some significant news coming out of the MAC today.
The league’s reigning Sixth-Man of the Year, Akron’s Quincy Diggs, was kicked out of school for the rest of the year for a violation of the University’s Student Code of Conduct.
Diggs averaged 8.5 points, 3.1 boards, 2.4 assists and 1.2 steals coming off the bench as a junior. As the Hustle Belt, your premiere destination for all things MAC, notes, Diggs was an “absolute energy machine” last year. With the Zips once again competing for a MAC title this season, his loss will be felt.
I do like the attitude that head coach Keith Dambrot has in regards to Diggs. “I’m not concerned about the effect on the team, I’m concerned that [he] graduates,” he told Ohio.com. While losing out on this season may seem like the end of the world for Diggs right now, losing out on the opportunity to finish up his degree would be a much bigger loss. Diggs may one day be a professional basketball player, but he won’t be making millions in the NBA. Once his basketball career is over, he’ll need to find a way to make a living off of the basketball court.
Finishing that degree would go a long way towards helping his cause.
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 0
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 0
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 2
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)