Oct 4, 2012, 11:11 AM EST
As part of last season’s Marquette Madness there was an epic karaoke showdown between head coach Buzz Williams and starting point guard Junior Cadougan.
While the point guard sang Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer” the coach went with “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond, and who won the contest…well I don’t really know who won a display like that.
But the senior from Toronto needed something to do after the Golden Eagles’ season ended in the Sweet 16, much to the delight of the choir that he “joined.”
Here’s a video that Marquette put together of things some of their players did to pass time in the off-season:
The Golden Eagles lost two starters from last season’s Sweet 16 team but they were major losses as Big East Player of the Year Jae Crowder and guard Darius Johnson-Odom were both first-team All-Big East selections.
Their departures means that more will be asked of players such as Cadougan, Jamil Wilson, Vander Blue and Todd Mayo this season.
Cadougan averaged 6.3 points and a team-best 5.4 assists per game last season, with the latter figure ranking 5th in the Big East.
There clearly will be more opportunities for the senior with Crowder and Johnson-Odom gone. But more opportunities for Junior to sing? We’ll see.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)