Oct 4, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
As part of last season’s Marquette Madness there was an epic karaoke showdown between head coach Buzz Williams and starting point guard Junior Cadougan.
While the point guard sang Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer” the coach went with “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond, and who won the contest…well I don’t really know who won a display like that.
But the senior from Toronto needed something to do after the Golden Eagles’ season ended in the Sweet 16, much to the delight of the choir that he “joined.”
Here’s a video that Marquette put together of things some of their players did to pass time in the off-season:
The Golden Eagles lost two starters from last season’s Sweet 16 team but they were major losses as Big East Player of the Year Jae Crowder and guard Darius Johnson-Odom were both first-team All-Big East selections.
Their departures means that more will be asked of players such as Cadougan, Jamil Wilson, Vander Blue and Todd Mayo this season.
Cadougan averaged 6.3 points and a team-best 5.4 assists per game last season, with the latter figure ranking 5th in the Big East.
There clearly will be more opportunities for the senior with Crowder and Johnson-Odom gone. But more opportunities for Junior to sing? We’ll see.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)