Oct 4, 2012, 11:11 AM EDT
As part of last season’s Marquette Madness there was an epic karaoke showdown between head coach Buzz Williams and starting point guard Junior Cadougan.
While the point guard sang Bon Jovi’s “Living on a Prayer” the coach went with “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond, and who won the contest…well I don’t really know who won a display like that.
But the senior from Toronto needed something to do after the Golden Eagles’ season ended in the Sweet 16, much to the delight of the choir that he “joined.”
Here’s a video that Marquette put together of things some of their players did to pass time in the off-season:
The Golden Eagles lost two starters from last season’s Sweet 16 team but they were major losses as Big East Player of the Year Jae Crowder and guard Darius Johnson-Odom were both first-team All-Big East selections.
Their departures means that more will be asked of players such as Cadougan, Jamil Wilson, Vander Blue and Todd Mayo this season.
Cadougan averaged 6.3 points and a team-best 5.4 assists per game last season, with the latter figure ranking 5th in the Big East.
There clearly will be more opportunities for the senior with Crowder and Johnson-Odom gone. But more opportunities for Junior to sing? We’ll see.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five (2)
- ACC releases its full conference schedule (2)
- Throwback Thursday: Juan Dixon and company win Maryland’s lone national title (2)
- Indiana head coach Tom Crean laments team’s lack of leadership (1)
- Former Butler forward Andrew Smith fighting cancer for second time (1)