Oct 5, 2012, 5:29 PM EDT
Just one week after announcing that he would visit Duke on October 27, 2013 forward Jabari Parker (Chicago, Illinois/Simeon Career Academy) has cut his list of schools from 11 to five according to Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com.
Just spoke with ESPN 100 #1 player Jabari Parker. List cut to five. No order Stanford, BYU, Duke, Mich St, Florida—
Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) October 05, 2012
In making the decision Parker eliminated Connecticut, DePaul, Georgetown, Illinois, North Carolina and Kentucky.
In addition to the visit to Duke Parker has one schedule for Florida the following weekend, and he’s yet to schedule dates for his official visits with the other three schools.
Originally slated to make an official visit to Michigan State last weekend, Parker and Michigan State rescheduled to a date that has not been released but Parker or his family.
“That’s what he came up [with],” Simeon coach Robert Smith told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “He thought about it and looked at the programs. That’s the five he had. It took him a long time to find. Everyone was really good, but he had to make a decision.
“He really respected everyone recruiting him and wanted to thank them for their time. He had to pick five and those are the five he wanted to look at. He knew he couldn’t make everyone happy.”
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)