Oct 5, 2012, 5:29 PM EST
Just one week after announcing that he would visit Duke on October 27, 2013 forward Jabari Parker (Chicago, Illinois/Simeon Career Academy) has cut his list of schools from 11 to five according to Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com.
Just spoke with ESPN 100 #1 player Jabari Parker. List cut to five. No order Stanford, BYU, Duke, Mich St, Florida—
Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) October 05, 2012
In making the decision Parker eliminated Connecticut, DePaul, Georgetown, Illinois, North Carolina and Kentucky.
In addition to the visit to Duke Parker has one schedule for Florida the following weekend, and he’s yet to schedule dates for his official visits with the other three schools.
Originally slated to make an official visit to Michigan State last weekend, Parker and Michigan State rescheduled to a date that has not been released but Parker or his family.
“That’s what he came up [with],” Simeon coach Robert Smith told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “He thought about it and looked at the programs. That’s the five he had. It took him a long time to find. Everyone was really good, but he had to make a decision.
“He really respected everyone recruiting him and wanted to thank them for their time. He had to pick five and those are the five he wanted to look at. He knew he couldn’t make everyone happy.”
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 11
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Syracuse upsets No. 8 Notre Dame in an inspired ACC road effort 0
- You Make The Call: Did Marcus Paige get fouled on North Carolina’s last possession? (17)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Big Ten looking into idea of making freshmen ineligible for competition in football, men’s basketball (11)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (11)