Oct 5, 2012, 5:29 PM EDT
Just one week after announcing that he would visit Duke on October 27, 2013 forward Jabari Parker (Chicago, Illinois/Simeon Career Academy) has cut his list of schools from 11 to five according to Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com.
Just spoke with ESPN 100 #1 player Jabari Parker. List cut to five. No order Stanford, BYU, Duke, Mich St, Florida—
Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) October 05, 2012
In making the decision Parker eliminated Connecticut, DePaul, Georgetown, Illinois, North Carolina and Kentucky.
In addition to the visit to Duke Parker has one schedule for Florida the following weekend, and he’s yet to schedule dates for his official visits with the other three schools.
Originally slated to make an official visit to Michigan State last weekend, Parker and Michigan State rescheduled to a date that has not been released but Parker or his family.
“That’s what he came up [with],” Simeon coach Robert Smith told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “He thought about it and looked at the programs. That’s the five he had. It took him a long time to find. Everyone was really good, but he had to make a decision.
“He really respected everyone recruiting him and wanted to thank them for their time. He had to pick five and those are the five he wanted to look at. He knew he couldn’t make everyone happy.”
- Green Bay will retain head coach Brian Wardle 1
- Coach K: ACC will be ‘best conference in the history of the game’ 3
- Bringing in ex-Gator Cody Larson worth the risk South Dakota State 0
- FBI: San Diego point-shaving scandal netted ‘more than $120,000′ 3
- Pressure mounting on Texas head coach Rick Barnes? 0
- Report: Baylor coach told Griner not to talk about her sexuality (13)
- Report: Kevin Stallings blocks Sheldon Jeter’s transfer to Pitt (5)
- Kentucky phenoms choose 2013-14 preparation over other possibilities (4)
- Duke signee Semi Ojeleye named Parade Magazine Player of the Year (3)
- Steven Pearl, BBQ jokes and a Tennessee radio ad (3)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights