Oct 5, 2012, 5:29 PM EST
Just one week after announcing that he would visit Duke on October 27, 2013 forward Jabari Parker (Chicago, Illinois/Simeon Career Academy) has cut his list of schools from 11 to five according to Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com.
Just spoke with ESPN 100 #1 player Jabari Parker. List cut to five. No order Stanford, BYU, Duke, Mich St, Florida—
Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) October 05, 2012
In making the decision Parker eliminated Connecticut, DePaul, Georgetown, Illinois, North Carolina and Kentucky.
In addition to the visit to Duke Parker has one schedule for Florida the following weekend, and he’s yet to schedule dates for his official visits with the other three schools.
Originally slated to make an official visit to Michigan State last weekend, Parker and Michigan State rescheduled to a date that has not been released but Parker or his family.
“That’s what he came up [with],” Simeon coach Robert Smith told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “He thought about it and looked at the programs. That’s the five he had. It took him a long time to find. Everyone was really good, but he had to make a decision.
“He really respected everyone recruiting him and wanted to thank them for their time. He had to pick five and those are the five he wanted to look at. He knew he couldn’t make everyone happy.”
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 11
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (11)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)