Oct 5, 2012, 5:29 PM EDT
Just one week after announcing that he would visit Duke on October 27, 2013 forward Jabari Parker (Chicago, Illinois/Simeon Career Academy) has cut his list of schools from 11 to five according to Reggie Rankin of ESPN.com.
Just spoke with ESPN 100 #1 player Jabari Parker. List cut to five. No order Stanford, BYU, Duke, Mich St, Florida—
Reggie Rankin (@ReggieRankin) October 05, 2012
In making the decision Parker eliminated Connecticut, DePaul, Georgetown, Illinois, North Carolina and Kentucky.
In addition to the visit to Duke Parker has one schedule for Florida the following weekend, and he’s yet to schedule dates for his official visits with the other three schools.
Originally slated to make an official visit to Michigan State last weekend, Parker and Michigan State rescheduled to a date that has not been released but Parker or his family.
“That’s what he came up [with],” Simeon coach Robert Smith told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago. “He thought about it and looked at the programs. That’s the five he had. It took him a long time to find. Everyone was really good, but he had to make a decision.
“He really respected everyone recruiting him and wanted to thank them for their time. He had to pick five and those are the five he wanted to look at. He knew he couldn’t make everyone happy.”
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)