Oct 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
My colleague Rob Dauster has his nominee for the best Twitter follow in college hoops. Based on new information, I have my own tweeter to champion.
Those of us who live in CAA country know that Blaine Taylor is one of the nation’s most quotable coaches; pre-game, post-game, in-game, you name it. Any scribe who covers the league tournament knows that if you miss a Taylor press conference, your editor will only be satisfied with a note from the coroner’s office.
Taylor’s a Montana fella, and he has numerous genius folk aphorisms he likes to slip into his speech. He gave us “all hat, no cattle” to describe BCS also-rans glutting the NCAA tournament, and the immortal, but semi-unprintable “ti**y-bumping” (asterisks=pasties) as an analogy for rough interior play. Now, to the delight of many, Taylor has finally brought his comedy stylings to Twitter, where he should immediately become a fan favorite.
The mostly-mustachioed one has only ventured about ten tweets so far, but you can already see how fun it’s going to be:
The last one’s my favorite. An ODU IT guy gives Taylor a little stick, and rather than get irritated, Taylor re-tweets it. The guy’s got a great sense of humor.
Taylor’s got a tough rebuilding job ahead of him this season, with a mostly brand-new roster, but the league has banished the Monarchs from post-season play anyway, due to their decision to disembark for C-USA, so there may be no better time for a teaching year. The only thing left to learn is whether Taylor will be even more hilarious if his team struggles.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)