Oct 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
My colleague Rob Dauster has his nominee for the best Twitter follow in college hoops. Based on new information, I have my own tweeter to champion.
Those of us who live in CAA country know that Blaine Taylor is one of the nation’s most quotable coaches; pre-game, post-game, in-game, you name it. Any scribe who covers the league tournament knows that if you miss a Taylor press conference, your editor will only be satisfied with a note from the coroner’s office.
Taylor’s a Montana fella, and he has numerous genius folk aphorisms he likes to slip into his speech. He gave us “all hat, no cattle” to describe BCS also-rans glutting the NCAA tournament, and the immortal, but semi-unprintable “ti**y-bumping” (asterisks=pasties) as an analogy for rough interior play. Now, to the delight of many, Taylor has finally brought his comedy stylings to Twitter, where he should immediately become a fan favorite.
The mostly-mustachioed one has only ventured about ten tweets so far, but you can already see how fun it’s going to be:
The last one’s my favorite. An ODU IT guy gives Taylor a little stick, and rather than get irritated, Taylor re-tweets it. The guy’s got a great sense of humor.
Taylor’s got a tough rebuilding job ahead of him this season, with a mostly brand-new roster, but the league has banished the Monarchs from post-season play anyway, due to their decision to disembark for C-USA, so there may be no better time for a teaching year. The only thing left to learn is whether Taylor will be even more hilarious if his team struggles.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)