Oct 6, 2012, 5:12 PM EST
My colleague Rob Dauster has his nominee for the best Twitter follow in college hoops. Based on new information, I have my own tweeter to champion.
Those of us who live in CAA country know that Blaine Taylor is one of the nation’s most quotable coaches; pre-game, post-game, in-game, you name it. Any scribe who covers the league tournament knows that if you miss a Taylor press conference, your editor will only be satisfied with a note from the coroner’s office.
Taylor’s a Montana fella, and he has numerous genius folk aphorisms he likes to slip into his speech. He gave us “all hat, no cattle” to describe BCS also-rans glutting the NCAA tournament, and the immortal, but semi-unprintable “ti**y-bumping” (asterisks=pasties) as an analogy for rough interior play. Now, to the delight of many, Taylor has finally brought his comedy stylings to Twitter, where he should immediately become a fan favorite.
The mostly-mustachioed one has only ventured about ten tweets so far, but you can already see how fun it’s going to be:
The last one’s my favorite. An ODU IT guy gives Taylor a little stick, and rather than get irritated, Taylor re-tweets it. The guy’s got a great sense of humor.
Taylor’s got a tough rebuilding job ahead of him this season, with a mostly brand-new roster, but the league has banished the Monarchs from post-season play anyway, due to their decision to disembark for C-USA, so there may be no better time for a teaching year. The only thing left to learn is whether Taylor will be even more hilarious if his team struggles.
- No. 1 Michigan State’s loss to North Carolina: Injuries, or sign of a bigger issue? 0
- North Carolina shows up ready to compete, knocks off No. 1 Michigan State 0
- Duke doesn’t need Rasheed Sulaimon if they have three guys that fit into a role 1
- The Chase for 180: Doug McDermott’s tough night 0
- Michigan’s offensive struggles in 79-69 loss to Duke a major concern 1
- Marshall Henderson’s on-court antics aren’t changing. Deal with it (5)
- No. 5 Oklahoma State’s win over Purdue exemplifies issues with new foul rules (3)
- Tim Floyd tees off on Andy Enfield: ‘We’re not going to take it in the shorts’ (3)
- Report: Delta bumps entire flight to get Florida to UConn (3)
- No. 20 Creighton gets 27 from Doug McDermott, stifles Jahii Carson in blowout (2)