Oct 7, 2012, 3:18 PM EST
Former UCLA great and NBA Hall of Famer Bill Walton has signed a book deal with publisher Simon & Schuster to write a memoir that chronicles his basketball career, his personal struggles, and his recovery from injury, the Associated Press is reporting.
Tentatively titled “Back From the Dead,” Walton’s book is co-authored by John Papanek, who has worked at ESPN and Sports Illustrated, among other outlets.
During his time with UCLA, Walton averaged 20.3 points and 15.7 rebounds, earning First Team All-American honors three times. He went on to be drafted into the NBA, where he averaged 13.3 points and 10.5 rebounds.
Walton has revitalized his career as a broadcaster, most recently signing a deal with the Pac-12 Conference to broadcast basketball games on its newly formed network. He previously was a color commentator for NBC’s coverage of the NBA, as well as for the Los Angeles Clippers, and ESPN.
The financial details of the book deal were not disclosed, but it is due to hit shelves next fall.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)