Oct 7, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
While there likely are a few Kentucky fans still basking in the glory of the school’s eighth national title, with practice beginning on Friday the focus for many turns to what John Calipari’s team can do for an encore.
Stars such as Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Doron Lamb (just to name three) are now in the NBA, but the Wildcats’ ability to reload on the recruiting trail has folks thinking that a repeat is possible.
And with that in mind, artist Henry Ogirri recorded the anthem for this year’s team, “Drive for 9.”
And while there’s definitely a high level of excitement for what Kentucky can accomplish next year with the Harrison twins committing, the Wildcats have the talent necessary to pick up another title this season.
Freshman center Nerlens Noel (don’t compare him to Anthony Davis) leads the way along with classmates Archie Goodwin and Alex Poythress, and sophomores Ryan Harrow (NC State transfer) and Kyle Wiltjer will also factor into the rotation.
Kentucky doesn’t have much in the way of experience (Wright State transfer Julius Mays and Twany Beckham are the lone Wildcats in their final year of eligibility) but that didn’t stop them last season.
Photo credit: Leo Ramirez/AFP/GettyImages)
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)