Oct 7, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
While there likely are a few Kentucky fans still basking in the glory of the school’s eighth national title, with practice beginning on Friday the focus for many turns to what John Calipari’s team can do for an encore.
Stars such as Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Doron Lamb (just to name three) are now in the NBA, but the Wildcats’ ability to reload on the recruiting trail has folks thinking that a repeat is possible.
And with that in mind, artist Henry Ogirri recorded the anthem for this year’s team, “Drive for 9.”
And while there’s definitely a high level of excitement for what Kentucky can accomplish next year with the Harrison twins committing, the Wildcats have the talent necessary to pick up another title this season.
Freshman center Nerlens Noel (don’t compare him to Anthony Davis) leads the way along with classmates Archie Goodwin and Alex Poythress, and sophomores Ryan Harrow (NC State transfer) and Kyle Wiltjer will also factor into the rotation.
Kentucky doesn’t have much in the way of experience (Wright State transfer Julius Mays and Twany Beckham are the lone Wildcats in their final year of eligibility) but that didn’t stop them last season.
Photo credit: Leo Ramirez/AFP/GettyImages)
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)